medical records

Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Penry is just really nicePenry is just really nicePenry is just really nicePenry is just really nicePenry is just really nicePenry is just really nicePenry is just really nicePenry is just really nice
Default medical records

Hi

Does anyone have any advice on what to do about medical records? I've made lots of enquiries and have been told that once you have informed your pratice you are emmigrating the records go to the local record holding branch and stay there indefinately even when you register with the doctors on arrival. Is it a good idea to pay for copies and take them with you?

Thanks for your time
lisa
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:45 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical records

Originally Posted by Penry
Hi

Does anyone have any advice on what to do about medical records? I've made lots of enquiries and have been told that once you have informed your pratice you are emmigrating the records go to the local record holding branch and stay there indefinately even when you register with the doctors on arrival. Is it a good idea to pay for copies and take them with you?

Thanks for your time
lisa
We didn't bother with bringing, come to think of it didn't even tell our practice we left. We brought copies of childrens immunisation records and thats it. We weren't asked at the surgery we registered at here in Perth we just had to complete a form giving some past history.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of

Personally would advise getting copies, tho' depends on price (some are usurious). Some are free, ours charged £10, but I have heard of some charging that per page . Childrens records should be free.

Docs appreciate the history - but take them mostly to avoid cause for loop-holing insurance companies, or to dissuade you from trying insurance fraud.

DO NOT trust the local HCT to keep your records, I didn't use a doctor for 5 years - records went to storage , never to be seen again. Led to a nasty insurance company battle, they didn't (illegally) allege that I broke in and destroyed evidence, but if there is no evidence they do not have the burden of proof, and so love lost records.

As a vet, I would also advise getting pets records too
Old Feb 6th 2007, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

I got copies of my medical records for £10 admin charge plus 5p a page photocopying - it came to £13. I think that's cheap really considering that I can hand it over to my new doc in Australia and they can see exactly what has happened to me in the past. (I'm crap at remembering precise dates and names of drugs I have used.)
I have up-to-date dental x-rays to take, but tbh I'm sure a dentist there could take new ones no problems and I have been told that they should be able to get all the info they need from looking at your mouth.
We will try to get copies of our dog's details too, just in case.
Can't be too cautious, I think, and I'm sure it's much easier to get it sorted this side just in case rather than try to get hold of it from Australia.