medical records

Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default medical records

we re due to leave for australia in 2 weeks time and i was wondering if and what medical record people have taken with them,we ve got an acount of all our vacinations,but do we need to take anything else?

also,my daughter has braces on her teeth and her orthadontist has said its not very likely that we ll find another orthadontist to take over where he left off and that they ll have to start all over again,her teeth look lovely and straigh now,to me, cpmpared to what they where like,i dont see why they cant be taken off now before we go,has anyone else had any experience with orthadontists over there?

tracey
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical records

They aren't that concerned about medical details unless you have some ongoing issues. As for othodontist, My son has braces and had them on in April, I haven't been yet but will go asap and find out what they say. I will get back to you when I have, I hope they will carry on.

Jo
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

thanks jo,not sure if her orthadontsist is just annoyed that we re going mid treatment or what but he was quite rude when i told him we were going,he said that they would have to take all that he s done out and start all over again,i find this a bit hard to believe but i cant really argue cos i dont know.
tracey
Originally Posted by joho
They aren't that concerned about medical details unless you have some ongoing issues. As for othodontist, My son has braces and had them on in April, I haven't been yet but will go asap and find out what they say. I will get back to you when I have, I hope they will carry on.

Jo
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:42 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scissors
thanks jo,not sure if her orthadontsist is just annoyed that we re going mid treatment or what but he was quite rude when i told him we were going,he said that they would have to take all that he s done out and start all over again,i find this a bit hard to believe but i cant really argue cos i dont know.
tracey
Sounds like a case of sour grapes or a bit of a tantrum that he won't be getting the money for that new set of golf clubs he's been waiting for

Ref medical records, I spoke to my Doc in the UK before I left and was quite surprised what he told me. The official line is that if I told him I was moving overseas permanently he was bound to take me off his patient list and send my medical records to the Health Authority where they would be destroyed. Absolutely no chance through official channels of getting them sent overseas.

He was good enough to say he would keep me on his patient list and gave me his address/email/phone etc and said if my Doc in Aus wanted a copy of the records all it would need is a letter of authority from me and he would send them over. Was as good as his word, when I went and registered at our local doctors here he emailed electronic copies of my records within 48 hours of receiving the request from the Doctor here.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

mmm sounds intersting i didnt realise that they destroyed them,i dont feel like telling them in emmigrating in that case,i wonder if my doctors will be as understanding as yours so your new doctors wanted the records then?

tracey
Originally Posted by Flying Banana
Sounds like a case of sour grapes or a bit of a tantrum that he won't be getting the money for that new set of golf clubs he's been waiting for

Ref medical records, I spoke to my Doc in the UK before I left and was quite surprised what he told me. The official line is that if I told him I was moving overseas permanently he was bound to take me off his patient list and send my medical records to the Health Authority where they would be destroyed. Absolutely no chance through official channels of getting them sent overseas.

He was good enough to say he would keep me on his patient list and gave me his address/email/phone etc and said if my Doc in Aus wanted a copy of the records all it would need is a letter of authority from me and he would send them over. Was as good as his word, when I went and registered at our local doctors here he emailed electronic copies of my records within 48 hours of receiving the request from the Doctor here.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 9:09 am

mmm sounds intersting i didnt realise that they destroyed them,i dont feel like telling them in emmigrating in that case,i wonder if my doctors will be as understanding as yours so your new doctors wanted the records then?

tracey
They didn't ask for them but when I said my Doc in UK had offered to pass them on they said it would be good to have them.

Maybe tell them you are heading overseas to work for 12 months and have been advised that you should take a copy of your records with you.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

yes i was just thinking that very same thing myself, they shouldnt be destroyed, they might be important some day,thanks for that
They didn't ask for them but when I said my Doc in UK had offered to pass them on they said it would be good to have them.

Maybe tell them you are heading overseas to work for 12 months and have been advised that you should take a copy of your records with you.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 9:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You are entitled to a copy of your medical records, but most doctors here aren't interested as you don't register with one specific doctor like in the uk; you are free to go to a different one each time if you want. Unless you have ongoing treatment, or want the records for your kids, its probably not worth getting them. (I got mine, and they contained detail of treatment carried out on two completely different people!! )

As for the orthodontist - the one thing I can tell you for certain is that treatment here is expensive Do a search on "dentists" - its been discussed quite often recently.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

hi polly,your records contained details od treatment for 2 different people thats doesnt give you much faith anyway does it

yes i know that dentists are expensive,but i wont have a choice if her orthadontist wont take the braces off before we go,i really think they look good now,i know i have an untrained eye of course but he says they need to be on another 18mths,theyve already been on 18mths,he also says she will need to where a reatainer for the rest of her life,not 24 hrs of course,but even so ive never heard of this,i thought you only had to ewhere a retainer for a short while after the braces had come off
has anyone else had this problem????
Originally Posted by Pollyana
You are entitled to a copy of your medical records, but most doctors here aren't interested as you don't register with one specific doctor like in the uk; you are free to go to a different one each time if you want. Unless you have ongoing treatment, or want the records for your kids, its probably not worth getting them. (I got mine, and they contained detail of treatment carried out on two completely different people!! )

As for the orthodontist - the one thing I can tell you for certain is that treatment here is expensive Do a search on "dentists" - its been discussed quite often recently.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 9:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

hi polly,your records contained details od treatment for 2 different people thats doesnt give you much faith anyway does it
Quite scary isn't it!!! I remember looking at a piece of paper that was a hospital discharge notice, which said that "the adult patient" had responded well to treatment" after having her tonsils removed.......worried me a bit cos I don't remember having my tonsils out, and as I would've been 7 at the time I wasn't an adult! Found the patients name written on the back of the page, certainly not me :scared:
Old Jun 16th 2005, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

:scared: you have checked in the mirror havent you,and made sure there still there :scared:
Quite scary isn't it!!! I remember looking at a piece of paper that was a hospital discharge notice, which said that "the adult patient" had responded well to treatment" after having her tonsils removed.......worried me a bit cos I don't remember having my tonsils out, and as I would've been 7 at the time I wasn't an adult! Found the patients name written on the back of the page, certainly not me :scared:
Old Jun 16th 2005, 9:51 am

Damn....not being male the old gag of 'Are you sure they spelled it right....' doesn't really work lol
Old Jun 16th 2005, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Damn....not being male the old gag of 'Are you sure they spelled it right....' doesn't really work lol
Old Jun 16th 2005, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

KAPILJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joho

Jo
Hi JOHO.

I have been applied for same sub class on 27/03/05.
They sent acknowledgement E mail. No news so far.
I have doubt about IELTS. We didn't do IELTS because we completed
Degree in English medium. Pls advice something.

KAPILJ :scared:
Old Jun 16th 2005, 10:50 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

yes i know that dentists are expensive,but i wont have a choice if her orthadontist wont take the braces off before we go,i really think they look good now,i know i have an untrained eye of course but he says they need to be on another 18mths,theyve already been on 18mths,he also says she will need to where a reatainer for the rest of her life,not 24 hrs of course,but even so ive never heard of this,i thought you only had to ewhere a retainer for a short while after the braces had come off
has anyone else had this problem????
Tracey your orthodontist is correct - although the teeth look straight just now they will not stay that way unless the braces are worn for the recommended length of time and then the retainer wire on the back of the teeth thereafter. I completed my treatment in Glasgow and had fixed braces for 2 years then a retainer wire for a further 2 years - once it was removed my teeth started moving again - they are still reasonably straight but still seem to be getting worse each year (i'm 25 now). I went back 6 montts ago for an opinion and was told by the top consultant that research is now indicating that braces are not as successful as they thought they were 10 years ago and patients aren't getting long lasting results. To give her the best you can i'd follow what has been recommended and request a copy of the notes to give to an orthodontist in Australia.
Lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.