Reload this Page >

Medical query...advice please

Medical query...advice please

Old Apr 24th 2004, 10:54 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Medical query...advice please

Hi there

A few weeks ago we went for our medicals.

I was told that on my chest x-ray were small calcification spots caused by a bad chest infection and that I had an extra lobe!! Bonus!

The doctor said this shouldn't cause a problem with DIMIA doctors but I'm still a bit worried.

I spoke to the radiologist who did the report and he explained it was nothing to worry about and many people have these areas in their lungs. He also said he had put in the report that there was no evidence of active TB, so that should satisfy DIMIA.

But, being female, I'm still a bit concerned this will cause a hiccup in our application process and the doctors at DIMIA will ask for me to undertake further investigation.

So, my question is this. If anyone has had something highlighted on x-rays or a problem with their health in general and the meds were sent to Adelaide, how long was it after sending them did it take for DIMIA to contact you asking for further info?

Old Apr 24th 2004, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Dilly's is an unknown quantity at this point

From sending my medical info to receiving further request for another test I seem to recall around 6-8weeks. The only other delay was arranging the test and resending to them.

If you have supported your Med info with various comments from the doctor, I can only feel that the info given may be enough.

Anyway, hope the above helps a little, and Good Luck!!

Paul