Medical Query

Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

parh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of light
Question Medical Query

My OH, myself and children are hoping to apply for our visa in the near future but my OH is slightly hesitant because of the medical. He was medically discharged from the forces because of a weakness in his leg which occurred after a minor op.Because of strict fitness levels he was discharged on grounds of safety issues at sea. His overall fitness is excellent and his weaker leg hasn't stopped him holdind down a civillian job. How do you think this might effect his medical or visa application? Any thoughts? Thanks!! PARH
Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:50 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Query

I don't think it will affect it at all. As I understand it, they're more concerned with conditions which will have a cost to the Aus medicare system... such as something which would take constant medication and appointments...

A weakness in a leg doesn't require medication I presume and it won't affect his ability to work?

They may ask a doc to assess him to tick all the boxes but other than that, he should be fine.

Good luck.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

greggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by parh
My OH, myself and children are hoping to apply for our visa in the near future but my OH is slightly hesitant because of the medical. He was medically discharged from the forces because of a weakness in his leg which occurred after a minor op.Because of strict fitness levels he was discharged on grounds of safety issues at sea. His overall fitness is excellent and his weaker leg hasn't stopped him holdind down a civillian job. How do you think this might effect his medical or visa application? Any thoughts? Thanks!! PARH
It will not matter at all you will be fine
Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

parh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, put my mind to rest at least! On with the form filling then!!
Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:55 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, put my mind to rest at least! On with the form filling then!!

Yep, onwards and upwards. Good luck. x
Old Aug 9th 2006, 12:34 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of ours had a back problem years before they applied for PR. He needed to supply a letter from his latest employer in the UK stating that his employment wasnt restricted due to his back problem. I would imagine that the same may apply for your OH - nothing to worry about at all.