Medical probs

Old Jun 28th 2004, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical probs

I am having a few problems with my Ex wife who seems to be digging her heels in at the thought of me emergrating!! So much so that i have found out that she has been poisoning my son's (he's 13 year old) mind, saying that if he doesn't want to have a medical he doesn't have too and that i can't make him.
I know she didn't like the idea of me leaving the country but this is down right low.
So i have explained to my son the importance of his medical and the reason for it, but due to his mother and her evil mind i don't think that he will agree. Has anyone had a similar prob? anyone got any ideas??
Good luck to all that are trying
Regards Chris and Andrea
Old Jun 28th 2004, 4:01 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical probs

Originally posted by Handyandy180
I am having a few problems with my Ex wife who seems to be digging her heels in at the thought of me emergrating!! So much so that i have found out that she has been poisoning my son's (he's 13 year old) mind, saying that if he doesn't want to have a medical he doesn't have too and that i can't make him.
I know she didn't like the idea of me leaving the country but this is down right low.
So i have explained to my son the importance of his medical and the reason for it, but due to his mother and her evil mind i don't think that he will agree. Has anyone had a similar prob? anyone got any ideas??
Regards Chris and Andrea
Hi

Hard one, you obviously can't make your son have the medical as you rightly say. I'm assuming you have parental responsibilty?

She can certainly put the blocks on you taking your son to Oz but she would have to go to the courts. Sounds like a jealous ex trying to spoil your new life, and agreed, down right low doing it through your son.

You may have to take the softly softly approach with her, with gritted teeth of course.

Walla
Old Jun 28th 2004, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

gordys is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter (5 yrs old) did not want to go for medicals - period. After alot of convincing that they weren't going to put funny things on her arma (that bloodpressure thingy) and take blood, she opted to go (not that she had any choice in the end anyway). The worst she had to do was pee in a bottle. Give the doctors a call and ask if they'll give you a couple of rubber gloves for your son to blow up/terrorise everyone with afterwards. Both my kids had a ball with them (eldest is 11)
Old Jun 28th 2004, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to clarify my situation I have been divorced from his mother since 1992. Since he was a young child. I pay money on a regular basis and intend to do so when and if we go.
We are not including him on our application although, he would be welcome if he wanted to.
Can anyone shed light on the actual medical so i may enlighten him? Perhaps he is scared? Any ideas??
Old Jun 28th 2004, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Steve&Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical probs

Originally posted by Handyandy180
Regards Chris and Andrea
Hi Andy

Just to claryfie my end Ive 3 children 2 not mine by marraige
Georgina 16, Harley 13, Callum 9 if your son wants to know about the medicals and what a giggle my guys had ill furnish you with our email address'es so he knows just what it intails. These lads dont pull punches and laughed from start to end

Regards steve