Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medical Insurance

Wikiposts

Medical Insurance

Old Jun 26th 2006, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Insurance

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
$250 sounds like too much. We pay about $125 for a family of 6 and a medium level of cover.

$160 a month. Family of 4, top medical hospital cover, standard extras. HBF (WA).

Just received only about 1/3 of recent dental expenses back though so not overly impressed at the minute. I heard that Manchester Unity may be a possibility.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:49 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
$160 a month. Family of 4, top medical hospital cover, standard extras. HBF (WA).

Just received only about 1/3 of recent dental expenses back though so not overly impressed at the minute. I heard that Manchester Unity may be a possibility.
I'm with HCF and I've been getting more than half back on my dental so far, but I don't think that it'll pay for my up-coming periodontal.

Old Jun 26th 2006, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

So hospital treatment is free in NSW? The problem is how you get to the hospital?

And am I right in thinking most people take out insurance for dental and opthalmic work?

SS
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:20 pm
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Think we are going to look into this a bit more now we have seen what everybody else is paying!

We are all (hopefully) fit and healthy. Not wanting more children so maternity cover not needed... only want to make sure we don't get a huge bill for ambulance and dental is covered. It would be nice to hear from people in the hospital profession that can give their opinions on Public Hospitals.

Thank you,

LJJ
Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:19 pm
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that. Got the same cover (and a bit more!) for $166.65 with Manchester Unity. Look into your super funds, like me you may get a discounted rate.

LJJ
Old Jun 27th 2006, 8:19 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ljj
Thanks for that. Got the same cover (and a bit more!) for $166.65 with Manchester Unity. Look into your super funds, like me you may get a discounted rate.

LJJ
84 bucks a month sounds like a lot of beer to me

Good on ya!
Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:08 pm
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

Just a querious question.
I am planning for Australian Unity, Basic Hosp cover.
But the catch is it only covers accident.
My question is, does it cover costs like if you catch a flue or high does of bacteria and need to be hosp... or say weakness and need to be hosp.
Does the cover include such type of illness....?
I am a bit worried it only says accident.
Can any expat reply on this?
Cheers,
Bart