Medical Info

Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:45 am
Just Joined

claire29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Info

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question. My family is just about to do their medicals for their visas. My Dad is classed as obese and I seem to remember an earlier thread saying that he could be turned down for this. Is this the case?!
Many thanks,

Claire
Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:59 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Medical Info

Originally posted by claire29
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question. My family is just about to do their medicals for their visas. My Dad is classed as obese and I seem to remember an earlier thread saying that he could be turned down for this. Is this the case?!
Many thanks,

Claire
Are you going to NZ or OZ? I gather NZ is stricter about obesity. If his BMI is over 35, they ask for extra tests (blood glucose etc).

To work out BMI, go to
http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/bmi.htm

At my Oz medical, the doc told me the overall health pic was more important. I guess if your Dad is generally fit & well, it need not be a big deal. Why not phone the clinic where you're going to have the meds & have a chat with the nurse about it?

Actually, I used the medical as an incentive to get off my bumper sized ass (no pun intended there) & lose 10kg. It worked!

Good luck!

Anya.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Info

Originally posted by claire29
Hi Everyone,

Many thanks,

Claire
If your off to Oz have a look at this link - may help.

http://www.immi.gov.au/faq/general/general03.htm

Muzzman