Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

medical ? how high is your B.M.I

medical ? how high is your B.M.I

Old Apr 14th 2004, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medical ? how high is your B.M.I

hi there everyone, I would be really interested to see how many people who have had their medicals done and passed with high b.m.i of 30 + 35 and over.
Myself has a bmi of about 34 and have been trying to loose weight which have lost nearly 3 stone, so did have a even higher bmi,i am getting really worried about this as have medicals booked in 2 weeks time and am afraid i will fail,anyone else in the same situation,sorry to sound like a trembling fatty but really have been trying hard.:scared:
Old Apr 14th 2004, 11:28 am
Badge

Default Re: medical ? how high is your B.M.I

from the recent discussions here, there have been quite a few fatties. As long as you have no underlying issue, people are being passed.

I am 12 pc fat, can run a 5 min 5 sec mile, but have a BMI over 30. So don't concern yourself too much me old boy.

BM

Old Apr 14th 2004, 11:33 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
from the recent discussions here, there have been quite a few fatties. As long as you have no underlying issue, people are being passed.

I am 12 pc fat, can run a 5 min 5 sec mile, but have a BMI over 30. So don't concern yourself too much me old boy.

BM
You big bloater Badge
Old Apr 14th 2004, 11:34 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by delboy
hi there everyone, I would be really interested to see how many people who have had their medicals done and passed with high b.m.i of 30 + 35 and over.
Myself has a bmi of about 34 and have been trying to loose weight which have lost nearly 3 stone, so did have a even higher bmi,i am getting really worried about this as have medicals booked in 2 weeks time and am afraid i will fail,anyone else in the same situation,sorry to sound like a trembling fatty but really have been trying hard.:scared:
As long as your BMI is under 35 and you don't have any probs re blood, sugar, or BP........then you will be OK

I know it's easier said than done as it's the medical that seems the most daunting, however the medical is not too strict and it seems you have to have quite a bit wrong to stop you from passing.

You'll be OK. Good luck

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 14th 2004, 7:03 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

So how much do you weigh and how tall are you?
Old Apr 14th 2004, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
So how much do you weigh and how tall are you?
enough to be worried,pleasancefamily, i have been told by gp thou not to worry as s im healhy enough,i just wish my familly would stop telling me "you wont pass ozzy dont want fatties"
All of my familly are slim healthy fit and pleased with their appearance,so i must be the odd one out ,what do you class as a real lard arse then????
Old Apr 14th 2004, 7:45 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

enough to be worried,pleasancefamily, i have been told by gp thou not to worry as s im healhy enough,i just wish my familly would stop telling me "you wont pass ozzy dont want fatties"
All of my familly are slim healthy fit and pleased with their appearance,so i must be the odd one out ,what do you class as a real lard arse then????
I am overweight myself according to BMI.

They say that if you are BMI 35 or under the immigration doc won't even blink.

Worth not drinking or eating for a few hours before the medical? Could lose 2/3 kilos just by dehydrating a bit? I know I'm 2 kilos heavier after brekkie but I do like a lot of coffee.
Old Apr 14th 2004, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

We had a medical a couple of weeks ago.....we were more worried about... a serious heart condition,cancer,TB,Aids or some other life threatening condition....

cut down on the crisps drink less lager and run to the pub BMI cured !!! no worries
Old Apr 14th 2004, 10:36 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I am borderline on the overweight but I am fit and have minimal love handles. BMI is not used on its own but considered as part of your overall health.