Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medical forms and eyesight question

Medical forms and eyesight question

Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medical forms and eyesight question

Can anyone advise on this:

Do the approved doctors also carry out the eyesight tests or do I have to go somehwre else for that?

Where do I get the forms from (form 26 I think) - can't see it on DIMIA website as their form says only for use in Oz.

My wife is almost blind in one eye - nothing will fix it but it is not getting worse or spreading to other eye - she is the one who we will apply for visa under............will they take one-eyed midwives ?

..........there is a joke there somewhere........

Anyway - thanks for any help.....
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Burnsy74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Eye tests are done by the doctor who carries out the medical.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of

Same doctor for eyesight test.

I have really bad sight in one eye - the medical was really straightforward. Doc asked me to cover one eye, covered the problem eye, rattled off the letters then quickly swapped hands and repeated what I had just said - works well if your wife has a good memory and the Doc is not too strict!

Phoned Oz House in London and requested the forms.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

HBgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Cheeky..

Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:34 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

The eyesight board is HUGE lol you have it done by the Dr carrying out your medical as previously mentioned
Old Nov 6th 2003, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

my eyesight is not the best when she asked me to rewad the board i said A for the top line then she said and the next and i couldnt see anymore

but still passed though

arlene
Old Nov 6th 2003, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Medical forms and eyesight question

Originally posted by Olibeneli

Do the approved doctors also carry out the eyesight tests or do I have to go somehwre else for that?

Where do I get the forms from (form 26 I think) - can't see it on DIMIA website as their form says only for use in Oz.

My wife is almost blind in one eye - nothing will fix it but it is not getting worse or spreading to other eye - she is the one who we will apply for visa under............will they take one-eyed midwives ?

I assume you are not waiting to be asked by DIMIA. If you are they will send you the forms when they ask you to sort medicals. If not, the clinic where I had my medical had plenty of forms - don't forget the passport photos though.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Medical forms and eyesight question

Originally posted by Olibeneli

i am blind as a bat and i had an eye test before I went for my meds and took it with me - and the doctor said that that was really useful as he couldnt have done that!! as he is not an opthalmologist.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter has no 3-D vision and has required four operations so far to ensure she doesn't go blind in one eye. She will need further operations in her teenage years. This information was shown on our forms, however the doctor just asked her to look at the letters on the wall, which were pretty huge, and said ok. My other two children are hearing-impaired and have their hearing checked every year, and will do so until they turn 21, and have a support teacher visit them at school twice a year. Doesn't cost me anything, likewise the school dentist trips are all free. I know of others who have got through ok with other illnesses, so I reckon that you must have something REALLY serious to not pass the medicals.