British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Medical Forms (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/medical-forms-111246/)

sanch Sep 11th 2002 5:36 am

Medical Forms

Where can i request for medicals Forms, if DIMA has currently not requested for MEdicals. I wanted to front load my medicals as X-rays are not possible during Preganancy.
We have applied for PR under ICT.

mozz48 Sep 11th 2002 12:13 pm

Re: Medical Forms

Originally posted by sanch:
Where can i request for medicals Forms, if DIMA has currently not requested for MEdicals. I wanted to front load my medicals as X-rays are not possible during Preganancy.
There is another post on this subject in the past couple of days which will give you the information you need Seek and you shall find Gerard

poggle Sep 11th 2002 12:39 pm

If you really are interested in emigrating to australia, why can you not be bothered or take the time and effort to look for very basic info on the immi websites www.immi.gov.au or australian high comission in London ,if you are in the U.K.

All information about forms, how to get them, what to do with them, etc is on there.

I think this forum is better used by people that need advice with genuine problems, or people who want to give and share advice, tips, and ask Questions not covered on immi sites etc.

im not having a go, But you wont endear yourself to this forum, if you dont do a little bit of homework yourself first.

Cheers and good luck!

sanch Sep 11th 2002 1:16 pm

If at all you have read the immi.gov.au site well, you would know that these forms are not available online.
I need to do my medicals before DIMIA asks me to do so.
SO i guess you need to read the site thoroughly before advising others!!

poggle Sep 11th 2002 1:24 pm

If at all you have read the immi.gov.au site well, you would know that these forms are not available online.
I need to do my medicals before DIMIA asks me to do so.
SO i guess you need to read the site thoroughly before advising others!!

immi.gov is not the only site for prospective migrants!
If you looked on the australian high comm.site like i did, you will see you can order the forms by emailing your request for them or by writing to to them , as i did, and got my forms 3 days later.

So as i said before do your homework!

sanch Sep 11th 2002 1:44 pm

Originally posted by poggle:

immi.gov is not the only site for prospective migrants!
If you looked on the australian high comm.site like i did, you will see you can order the forms by emailing your request for them or by writing to to them , as i did, and got my forms 3 days later.

So as i said before do your homework!
Thanks a lot!!
Can u send me the URL??

sanch Sep 11th 2002 1:46 pm

Thanks a lot!!
Can u send me the URL??
i got the url..dont bother about it..

poggle Sep 11th 2002 1:56 pm

Thanks a lot!!
Can u send me the URL??

www.australia.org.uk

go to......visa/citizenship

then.......health & charecter

download the info sheet and on there it gives an email address to request being sent the forms but they seem to have a lot of problems with this. i think its better you write to request them

sanch Sep 11th 2002 2:00 pm

Thanks..

Grub Sep 11th 2002 2:00 pm

Hi Sanch

Ignore Poggle. Medicals are a tricky one. I have asked for them (forms) from my agent. They are only photocopies though as you dont get the originals until the HC are kind enough to look at your case and review it (said with degree of sarcasm) I am also trying to book our medicals today as we hope to hear something in about a month. Just got wait a few weeks until certain substances have disapeared out of a certain persons blood stream!!!

The HC web sites are ok and they will provide a list of doc's that are countrywide and able to perform these medicals.

Nicky

i got the url..dont bother about it..

poggle Sep 11th 2002 2:08 pm

Originally posted by NickyTurner:
Hi Sanch

Ignore Poggle. Medicals are a tricky one. I have asked for them (forms) from my agent. They are only photocopies though as you dont get the originals until the HC are kind enough to look at your case and review it (said with degree of sarcasm) I am also trying to book our medicals today as we hope to hear something in about a month. Just got wait a few weeks until certain substances have disapeared out of a certain persons blood stream!!!

The HC web sites are ok and they will provide a list of doc's that are countrywide and able to perform these medicals.

Nicky

sorry Nicky but Medicals arnt that tricky! i got the original document forms 26 and 160 by writing to aus house. i have them and have had xrays done with no problem and medical booked for next week.

with attitudes like yours and sanch's ,you sound just the sort of people i want to get away from in the U.K please god neither of you are heading for Melbourne

poggle Sep 11th 2002 2:09 pm

www.australia.org.uk

go to......visa/citizenship

then.......health & charecter

download the info sheet and on there it gives an email address to request being sent the forms but they seem to have a lot of problems with this. i think its better you write to request them

i wished i hadn't bothered now!!!

Grub Sep 11th 2002 2:13 pm

I think you are missing the point Poggle. If everyone wanting to ask a question, felt like they would be critisized by people like yourself, then no one would want to ask. I feel that Sanch's question is a valid and sensible question. It deserves an answer.

And dont think we are lazy. Some of us work full time and have children and a house to run. Asking questions on a web site like this means that we can all save time and hopefully get there a little quicker. With your attitude it is YOU that are unlikely to succed in Australia. Most Aussies i know are helpful and not in the least bit patronising.

Now let her have her say.

sorry Nicky but Medicals arnt that tricky! i got the original document forms 26 and 160 by writing to aus house. i have them and have had xrays done with no problem and medical booked for next week.

with attitudes like yours and sanch's ,you sound just the sort of people i want to get away from in the U.K please god neither of you are heading for Melbourne

sanch Sep 11th 2002 2:16 pm

I did call up the australian High commision , and thier representative told me that the Forms aren't available with them. Either get it from the Panel doctors or from DIMIA.
ANd the Panel doctors only have a photo copy of the forms.
How do you justify that??

poggle Sep 11th 2002 2:28 pm

I did call up the australian High commision , and thier representative told me that the Forms aren't available with them. Either get it from the Panel doctors or from DIMIA.
ANd the Panel doctors only have a photo copy of the forms.
How do you justify that??

Australian Hugh Commission uk
health & character info for migration to Australia

page 2 to obtain forms 26 and 160 please email [email protected] stating your name address and how many of each form you require. Alternatively you can write to MEDICAL INFORMATION,AUSTRALIA HOUSE,STRAND, LONDON WC2B 4LA

please note these forms cannot be be forwarded electronically and will be sent to you in the post.

This is what i did. and have had no problems.

Nothing more to say!