Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

medical examination advice

medical examination advice

Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Ronny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medical examination advice

Medical examination query - about 10 years ago I contracted a condition which damaged some peripheral nerves (was in hospital for 12 months) but has left me having to rely on walking sticks. However, I don't take any medication and I am independent, I don't require any care or assistance and I am able to work. My health is good and the condition will not return.

Does anyone know how this will sit regarding the medical?

Any advice appreciated.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:11 am
Account Closed

MaggieM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: medical examination advice

Hi!

I think that the authorities here have a formula for working out how much it could cost for treatment for any medical condition over someone's lifetime. If this cost is the same as an Australian citizen with the same condition it won't make any difference to your visa application. Since you do not require any treatment I can't see this making ANY difference to your application.

I have a friend who came out here over ten years ago and needed special food, prescriptions etc both in UK and here.

Good Luck with your application,

MaggieM