Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medical Done and Dusted

Medical Done and Dusted

Old Oct 22nd 2004, 4:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Medical Done and Dusted

Well guys had the medical today. Whoo hoo!

Numpty here cocked up though. Appointment was for 14:10 at Pinehill Hos in Hitchin. Hubby says leave in plenty of time as we don't know exactly where it is. Drive 15km to hospital. Get there ONE hour early. Thinks, lets go in and see if they want to see me now Get in - Yes xrays can be done now - excellent - get to desk - have you got your form and passport - aaaahhhhhhh Mrs Numpty here forgot the bl**dy passport !

Hubby - "good job we were early then, shall I go home and get it darling?".

Do the xray. Wait, wait, wait. Dr comes along, can do you now . Have rest of medical. Looks at the xray. "Am I normal" I ask. "Can't tell you" says doctor "I can tell you if you are abnormal, but not if you are normal" - FFS what's that all about.

Come out of that bit and wait for hubby. Arrives back, with passport and cheque book. Doctor calls me an idiot but says there is nowhere on the form to put that!

Finish up and it is still finished before original finish time. Get in the car and hubby starts!!

Anyway quack says he will have the bloods back by end of next week, will ring me with results and then post forms back to me - yippee

Possibly the quickest £220 spent in a long time!

A big recommendation to Pinehill and Dr Stanley - very nice place, very nice man.
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 4:29 pm
Cheeky

Default Re: Medical Done and Dusted

Hi Moneypenn!!

Glad everything went ok for you then!

Sounds like you had lots of 'fun'??!!

Good job it was you and not your hubby that forgot the passports!! (Ok for us ladies to forget stuff!! tee, hee!! )

Seriously though I think you can assume that 'no news is good news' then on the x-rays, if you get my meaning!

Good luck with the rest of it!!! (Good feeling init, another step forward!!!! )

Cheeky

Old Oct 22nd 2004, 4:55 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Well guys had the medical today. Whoo hoo!

Numpty here cocked up though. Appointment was for 14:10 at Pinehill Hos in Hitchin. Hubby says leave in plenty of time as we don't know exactly where it is. Drive 15km to hospital. Get there ONE hour early. Thinks, lets go in and see if they want to see me now Get in - Yes xrays can be done now - excellent - get to desk - have you got your form and passport - aaaahhhhhhh Mrs Numpty here forgot the bl**dy passport !

Hubby - "good job we were early then, shall I go home and get it darling?".

Do the xray. Wait, wait, wait. Dr comes along, can do you now . Have rest of medical. Looks at the xray. "Am I normal" I ask. "Can't tell you" says doctor "I can tell you if you are abnormal, but not if you are normal" - FFS what's that all about.

Come out of that bit and wait for hubby. Arrives back, with passport and cheque book. Doctor calls me an idiot but says there is nowhere on the form to put that!

Finish up and it is still finished before original finish time. Get in the car and hubby starts!!

Anyway quack says he will have the bloods back by end of next week, will ring me with results and then post forms back to me - yippee

Possibly the quickest £220 spent in a long time!

A big recommendation to Pinehill and Dr Stanley - very nice place, very nice man.

Oh boy,what a day!!bet your glad its all over.
Have a nice glass(or two)of wine tonight & relax!!
Donna.
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 5:16 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Phew

Glad it went well for you, reminiscent of a scene from Carry on Doctor or Benny Hill.. husband in the car, husband out of the car, husband back in the car, husband out of the car.........

I think out of everything we have to do, the meds seem the most stressful!

Getting really close now..... well done! Have a bevvy on me

D D
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

jarv is on a distinguished road

Hi
Interesting you had med's done in hitchin, it's near where we live.
I thought they were bloody expensive (£620 for 4 of us).
Do you know where you are heading in Oz ? and what visa are you applying for ?.
Do you know how long visa granting / declining takes after med's.

Cheers

Dave
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 12:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jarv
Hi
Interesting you had med's done in hitchin, it's near where we live.
I thought they were bloody expensive (£620 for 4 of us).
Do you know where you are heading in Oz ? and what visa are you applying for ?.
Do you know how long visa granting / declining takes after med's.

Cheers

Dave
Hi Dave
It was either Hitchin or St Albans for me. St Albans would have two separate places, although very close. It was only me needing it and without the tattoo blood test was only about £5 more at Hitchin so thought I would go for nice private hospital not NHS! If we had all needed them would probably have had to think different. Don't know how much St Albans charge for extra blood!

Heading for Gold Coast on a Spouse Visa, rest of family have dual nationality. My visa should be back in a few weeks of putting application in - end of next week should have med forms back.

No idea how long other visas take, all very different. Try http://www.austimeline.com/index.jsp
and type in your visa type and you should get a good idea of time.

Good luck.