Medical and DHL

Old May 7th 2007, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medical and DHL

Well,

Had our medical on friday and they reached Sydney by 8.00am this morning (Australia time). DHL picked them up from our house friday afternoon, so that was quick. Thought it might of been slower due to weekend but wasnt.

So would recommend DHL for anyone using courier for medicals and xrays.

Medical went fine, but did have consultant letter for child to include. So fingers crossed it all goes well. Doctor didnt think would be a problem as the letter was quite positive and said could grow out of it. However box is ticked for significant medical history (got no choice as does have medical condition)

X rays cost about 5 pound each!! Shockingly cheap, however the women doing them spoke no english and was aggressive and rude pain in the ass! Luckily it was just for the adults and teenage son. Think she would have scared the younger kids.
Doc was very friendly and more interested in testing my 10 year old on his German!! Doc spoke 7 languages!!

However Im still panicking, will stop stressing when they give us the ok! Its 457 visa.

Got contact with CO just 12 hours after application submitted! Last contact was everything is ok and just awaiting medical reports to finalise visa. So all my fingers and toes are now crossed!

GEMS
Old May 7th 2007, 7:54 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical and DHL

Originally Posted by Gems
Well,

Had our medical on friday and they reached Sydney by 8.00am this morning (Australia time). DHL picked them up from our house friday afternoon, so that was quick. Thought it might of been slower due to weekend but wasnt.

So would recommend DHL for anyone using courier for medicals and xrays.

Medical went fine, but did have consultant letter for child to include. So fingers crossed it all goes well. Doctor didnt think would be a problem as the letter was quite positive and said could grow out of it. However box is ticked for significant medical history (got no choice as does have medical condition)

X rays cost about 5 pound each!! Shockingly cheap, however the women doing them spoke no english and was aggressive and rude pain in the ass! Luckily it was just for the adults and teenage son. Think she would have scared the younger kids.
Doc was very friendly and more interested in testing my 10 year old on his German!! Doc spoke 7 languages!!

However Im still panicking, will stop stressing when they give us the ok! Its 457 visa.

Got contact with CO just 12 hours after application submitted! Last contact was everything is ok and just awaiting medical reports to finalise visa. So all my fingers and toes are now crossed!

GEMS
Hey Gems well done nearly there now.
We're waiting to go for our x rays (next Thursday) and medicals (early June) have been told by our migration agent to ask the Dr's to send it via DHL so thanks for recommending them.
We are having to pay about £65.00 for hubby's and my x rays (kids aren't old enough)
then the medicals make the cost up to £560. with DHL cost will rb bump it up to about £600

We have been told the medicals are the final stage before they finalise the visa so hopefully not much more waiting hopefully will have the visa's by end of June early July?

Best of luck

Jen