Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medical/Dental Records

Medical/Dental Records

Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:47 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medical/Dental Records

Just curious, do I go along to my doctor/dentist and ask him/her to give me my medical/dental records to bring with me, or what? lol
Old Dec 14th 2009, 6:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical/Dental Records

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Just curious, do I go along to my doctor/dentist and ask him/her to give me my medical/dental records to bring with me, or what? lol
Unless you have particular medical issues I wouldn't bother. Doctors here don't old your notes like they do back home, and you an go to a different practice every time if you like. If you are hale and healthy - waste of time and money.

If you DO get your notes though, check they are all yours (having found mine contained the records of two other people, one not even related to me) and be prepared to see things you didn't know - I discovered I stopped breathing after a whooping cough vaccine and had to be resucitated, far worse than I had been lead to believe
Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Unless you have particular medical issues I wouldn't bother. Doctors here don't old your notes like they do back home, and you an go to a different practice every time if you like. If you are hale and healthy - waste of time and money.

If you DO get your notes though, check they are all yours (having found mine contained the records of two other people, one not even related to me) and be prepared to see things you didn't know - I discovered I stopped breathing after a whooping cough vaccine and had to be resucitated, far worse than I had been lead to believe
LOL - glad to hear you are healthy now Polly!

Nope, dont bother about them unless you have had some serious intervention with ongoing issues. Dont worry about dental at all, they always start at the beginning anyway.

Only time you need to bring absolutely everything is if you have a child with a disability who will need support in school in which case you bring every report, assessment, educational plan etc with you - in your luggage not the container because you will need to have it up front.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

We bought our doctors records from the u.k..and have come in quite handy. Bought my daughters dental records as she needed braces....that was a waste of time....they took one look at them...laughed at the poor quality of them....took x-rays etc and told us how she had been mis diagnosed.!!!! She has 5 baby teeth in her mouth with no adult teeth coming through...they had completely missed it!!!!