Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medical Delays Any Update?? The waiting is a killer!

Medical Delays Any Update?? The waiting is a killer!

Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Wooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really nice
Default Medical Delays Any Update?? The waiting is a killer!

Hi

Can anyone shed any further light on the delay at LUC. We are applying for a Labour Agreement visa and know our medicals were received 20/06.

We had to submit a consultant report for heart murmurs (we never knew we had! this said we were fit and healthy) and also declared 2 past operations. A doctors letter was also submitted stating the operations were successful and no further medical intervention was needed. Are these issues causing the delay and who tells us if they want more information? I would be so grateful for any information as this wait is not doing my head in!

Thanks in Advance and to all those waiting I know how you feel!

Kate
</IMG>
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medical Delays Any Update?? The waiting is a killer!

i spoke with my agent yesterday, and was told that they had recieved our meds in sydney yesterday morning. YEEHAA!!!(that it wont b long now) but was then told it can take a few months for it all to go through, What r they doin over there? how long does it take to read all the paperwork & meds & pc's ? i thought it would b straight forward once we had done everything. we also have a CO, like u, i would love to hurry it on & i am in the same boat as u -goin mad-:curse: wishing it would hurry up!!!!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Jackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really nice
Default Re: Medical Delays Any Update?? The waiting is a killer!

Originally Posted by Wooders
Hi

Can anyone shed any further light on the delay at LUC. We are applying for a Labour Agreement visa and know our medicals were received 20/06.

We had to submit a consultant report for heart murmurs (we never knew we had! this said we were fit and healthy) and also declared 2 past operations. A doctors letter was also submitted stating the operations were successful and no further medical intervention was needed. Are these issues causing the delay and who tells us if they want more information? I would be so grateful for any information as this wait is not doing my head in!

Thanks in Advance and to all those waiting I know how you feel!

Kate
</IMG>
I sent an email to LCU on Monday of last week and have just received this reply (my agent told me they normally respond to enquiries in 2-3 days!!!):

Thank you for your enquiry. Apologies for the delay in response.

LCU are currently processing medicals that were received in our office on
15th June. If you believe your medicals were delivered to us before this
date, please provide us with the following details to allow us to
investigate the matter:

1. Name of Applicant
2. Date of Birth
3. Passport number
4. Visa Applied For
5. Date Medicals Dispatched
6. Method of Dispatch (Courier/Standard)
7. If sent by Courier, then include:
- courier company name
- tracking number
- receipt date
- name of person who signed for the package on receipt
- NB: if you have not checked with the courier company please do so
before contacting LCU

Our meds were signed for on 27th June and our CO's deadline is 30th July, so we're having to apply for an extension! Agent says she's never known LCU to be so behind with processing! AAARGH!!!!!