British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Medical costs in Ireland? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/medical-costs-ireland-485809/)

Baby75 Oct 7th 2007 10:50 am

Medical costs in Ireland?

Hello:)

I was just wondering how much the medicals will be roughly we will be using one of the clinics in Dublin, i know its around 150 euro for an adult is that right and we are estimating around 80 each for the kids

just want to see how much it will be we have sent info off to agent for TRA but we will be doing the visa on line we have started already so want to make sure we get every thing right and have enough money!:)

sandav Oct 7th 2007 12:08 pm

Re: Medical costs in Ireland?

Originally Posted by Baby75 (Post 5396955)

I was just wondering how much the medicals will be roughly we will be using one of the clinics in Dublin, i know its around 150 euro for an adult is that right and we are estimating around 80 each for the kids

just want to see how much it will be we have sent info off to agent for TRA but we will be doing the visa on line we have started already so want to make sure we get every thing right and have enough money!:)

Hi we done our medical in Dublin and as far as I can remember it cost €390 for 2 adults and 2 children. The x-rays were €180 for 2 adults. We done the medical at Morehampton Road in Donnybrook which was the cheapest in Dublin and the x-rays at the Blackrock Clinic on the same morning as you dont need an appointment there.

Sandra

goat eyes Oct 7th 2007 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by sandav (Post 5397204)
Hi we done our medical in Dublin and as far as I can remember it cost €390 for 2 adults and 2 children. The x-rays were €180 for 2 adults. We done the medical at Morehampton Road in Donnybrook which was the cheapest in Dublin and the x-rays at the Blackrock Clinic on the same morning as you dont need an appointment there.

Sandra

we found Dr.Little in Galway to be the cheapest - by far. (we are living in Dublin - but have family near there so it made it easier for us)

ps. make sure he couriers the results - not just 'registered post' as you can't track it the whole way to Oz that way.

Slán.:thumbup:

gidxg03 Oct 8th 2007 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by goat eyes (Post 5397290)
we found Dr.Little in Galway to be the cheapest - by far. (we are living in Dublin - but have family near there so it made it easier for us)

ps. make sure he couriers the results - not just 'registered post' as you can't track it the whole way to Oz that way.

Slán.:thumbup:

We used him too and he was excellent/cheap. Remember you have to pay for your xrays seperatly at the hospital.

brisbanebound Oct 8th 2007 3:09 pm

hi Niamh,
Can't help with your q, but just wanted to see how the whole application is going?
Ours was lodged on the 20th of Sep, so the long wait has now begun!!

Baby75 Oct 21st 2007 11:09 am

Originally Posted by brisbanebound (Post 5401253)
hi Niamh,
Can't help with your q, but just wanted to see how the whole application is going?
Ours was lodged on the 20th of Sep, so the long wait has now begun!!

hi i must of missed your reply , how is your application going have you heard any thing yet did you apply on line i here it is much quicker we sent our info for tra to our agent so hopefully we will be sending the visa in early December as we want to book our flights for june before the high season :thumbsup:

niamh

storms Oct 21st 2007 12:13 pm

Hi

We had our medicals done in Drogheda, x-rays done same day around the corner in the hospital, much cheaper than Dublin, and the drive not too bad.

Doctor very nice,

Storms

Baby75 Oct 21st 2007 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by storms (Post 5449775)
Hi

We had our medicals done in Drogheda, x-rays done same day around the corner in the hospital, much cheaper than Dublin, and the drive not too bad.

Doctor very nice,

Storms

Thanks could you tell me how much and what doc you used i am ringing around Monday we want to have our medicals ready for when requested :D

scrum Oct 21st 2007 1:18 pm

Hiya

We used

Clonan, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary
Telephone: 353 505 24575 2.30 - 5.00
Doctor(s):
Dr Aislinn Donovan

Tullamore
Midland Regional Hospital
Tullamore, Co. Offaly
Telephone: 353 5793 21501
Doctor(s):
Dr David Carruthers (Radiologist)

It cost 300 euro for the meds and we still haven't been charged for the x-rays.

Doc is lovely and great with kids.

Trish

Baby75 Oct 21st 2007 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by scrum (Post 5449984)
Hiya

We used

Clonan, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary
Telephone: 353 505 24575 2.30 - 5.00
Doctor(s):
Dr Aislinn Donovan

Tullamore
Midland Regional Hospital
Tullamore, Co. Offaly
Telephone: 353 5793 21501
Doctor(s):
Dr David Carruthers (Radiologist)

It cost 300 euro for the meds and we still haven't been charged for the x-rays.

Doc is lovely and great with kids.

Trish

thanks Trish
if you don't mind how many of you were there thanks Niamh:thumbsup:

storms Oct 22nd 2007 2:42 am

Hi

I can't remember the name of the doctor, he was on the list that names the approved doctors

Sorry

Storms

scrum Oct 22nd 2007 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Baby75 (Post 5451371)
thanks Trish
if you don't mind how many of you were there thanks Niamh:thumbsup:

Sorry for taking so long to reply - for some reason am not getting notified of posts.

Anyway it was 2 adults and 2 kids 100 per adult and 50 per child.

If you need any more info then PM me cause of notification problems.

Oh and good luck.

Trish