Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

medical costs!!!!

medical costs!!!!

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

no longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to all
Default medical costs!!!!

can anyone let me know how much there meds costs and is it worth travelling for them..

got quote for glasgow practice. for 2 adults 1 child 15 and one 10 its £525 and £70 each for xrays is this the going rate !!!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical costs!!!!

Originally Posted by stillinscotland
can anyone let me know how much there meds costs and is it worth travelling for them..

got quote for glasgow practice. for 2 adults 1 child 15 and one 10 its £525 and £70 each for xrays is this the going rate !!!!!

I would suggest that you take the list of panel doctors (can be downloaded) and ring any that you might be willing to travel to. They will tell you prices over the phone, and you can then choose which is best for you. Depending on how much of a rush you are in, some may see you without appointment whilst others may have a long waiting list. Prices can change too - so rather than getting second hand info on here best to go straight to the horses mouth!
It is worth shopping around though as prices can vary considerably.
Good luck!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of

sounds about right. They vary grately though. in northampton it was 700 plus blood tests for 2 adults and 3 children and 85 per xray. In middlesborough it is 575 plus 50 per xray. Quite a difference so worth shopping around if you are prepared to travel a bit.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:32 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Do a search for Glasgow doctors on here as well before you go. There has been loads on scotland Dr's recently. Glasgow docs was not good from all accounts and Ed dr's got a good report.
A
xx
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Hi
I got quotes for £150 each for medical(whitefriars, perth) and £70 each for x-rays(nuffield hospital, glasgow). Got similar quotes elsewhere too!!
Just totting it up for 2 adults & 3 children = £890 :scared: :scared:
Well that's Xmas cancelled this year! Sorry kids, santa's skint cause he wants to live in Australia too!
Tracy
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

no longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by h1tvd
Hi
I got quotes for £150 each for medical(whitefriars, perth) and £70 each for x-rays(nuffield hospital, glasgow). Got similar quotes elsewhere too!!
Just totting it up for 2 adults & 3 children = £890 :scared: :scared:
Well that's Xmas cancelled this year! Sorry kids, santa's skint cause he wants to live in Australia too!
Tracy

thanks for that tracy,

i tried the whole xmas is cancelled but there not buying it. making me feel guilty cause it might and hopefully be there last xmas here.

think i might just go ahead and book them and get it over with i just grudge all that money to tell me what i already know.....
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

T Bag is just really niceT Bag is just really niceT Bag is just really niceT Bag is just really niceT Bag is just really niceT Bag is just really niceT Bag is just really niceT Bag is just really nice

thanks for that tracy,

i tried the whole xmas is cancelled but there not buying it. making me feel guilty cause it might and hopefully be there last xmas here.

think i might just go ahead and book them and get it over with i just grudge all that money to tell me what i already know.....
TOTAL cost for 2 adults, an 11 year old and a 8 year at the immimededical centre in Manchester = £605 (3 weeks ago). All done on same day with no wait for x-rays to be sent to DR etc. Results arrived in OZ 14/15 days after medicals were done.

Dave
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Originally Posted by T Bag
TOTAL cost for 2 adults, an 11 year old and a 8 year at the immimededical centre in Manchester = £605 (3 weeks ago). All done on same day with no wait for x-rays to be sent to DR etc. Results arrived in OZ 14/15 days after medicals were done.

Dave
Might be worth a trip to Manchester. Could save a few quid - might be able to afford a santa's little helper outfit - present to OH
Tracy
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for that tracy,

At least you feel confident you already know the outcome. I'm scared stiff I might find out I'm falling to bits. Too much wine, curry and late nights. Only kidding - I have 3 kids aged 7 and under. The closest I come to excess is putting too much salt on my chips!!
Tracy
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

jobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to all

I had my medical 5 weeks ago and it cost £150 for the med and £85 for the
x-ray. That's for one person.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

At least you feel confident you already know the outcome. I'm scared stiff I might find out I'm falling to bits. Too much wine, curry and late nights. Only kidding - I have 3 kids aged 7 and under. The closest I come to excess is putting too much salt on my chips!!
Tracy
not confident about the outcome beleive me, too much of all of what you have, kids a bit older but between work and study i might also be falling apart.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

not confident about the outcome beleive me, too much of all of what you have, kids a bit older but between work and study i might also be falling apart.
What stage you at with emigration?
We sent 136 modl on 17th August - still waiting for ack.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

What stage you at with emigration?
We sent 136 modl on 17th August - still waiting for ack.
hi we are just filling out all these forms just seems you get one done and then you find out you have another to do. we are waiting on ppc coming back so we can make appoin for meds we are frontloading..
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

T Bag is just really niceT Bag is just really niceT Bag is just really niceT Bag is just really niceT Bag is just really niceT Bag is just really niceT Bag is just really niceT Bag is just really nice

hi we are just filling out all these forms just seems you get one done and then you find out you have another to do. we are waiting on ppc coming back so we can make appoin for meds we are frontloading..
Time scale - Sent off application for a 136 in Feb 2006, Got acknowledgment near end of April. Kept looking at auto Q update and wasn't expecting to hear about meds and police check to about end Nov. BUT got an e-mail giving me name, e-mail and tel no of case officer about 4 weeks ago and to go for meds and get P check. Must also acknowledge within 1 month of this e-mail that you still want to proceed (as if you wouldn't after paying all that money for the application.) I tried to acknowledge by e-mail but it kept bouncing back. Also tried by fax but 'number unobtainable'. Got my sister in Adelaide to take a letter round to immi and deliver it personaly also phoned the tel no. and got someone who said my medicals were there and so far all OK. (what a relief)
(I don't know how you can 'front load' medicals as you need a reference no. from immi.)
Took one week with Manchester DR to book appointment for meds. Another week for 'bloods' to be checked and them DR sends results DIRECT to OZ.
Still waiting for P checks but they should be here in next few days. You are allowed to scan the P check and e-mail it to them.

Dave
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

(I don't know how you can 'front load' medicals as you need a reference no. from immi.)

when you get your acknowledgement letter there is a reference at the top CLFxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx

Ann

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.