British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   medical costs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/medical-costs-355299/)

atkinsfamily Feb 15th 2006 2:46 pm

medical costs

Can anyone help. Got our request for meds and pcc's. but when we looked at one near to us in the midlands it seems it could be about £1200. Not sure if that is right as not sure what we will need to have done. But going on basics thats the rough cost. It is for for people all of which are over 15 yrs of age. Can any one suggest a cheaper one we live in the midlands. thanks for any replies hope to see you soon.

amanda76 Feb 15th 2006 2:51 pm

Re: medical costs

we had ours at riverside medical practice in shrewsbury and payed £70 for two xrays (£35each)

and £420 for meds thats was for 2 adults and 3 children , i needed extra bloods as medical professional...................i didnt think this was bad

goodluck

mand :)

gina Feb 15th 2006 6:59 pm

yeah ours were £510.00 with everything 2adults 2 children

gee x

stevenpoole9 Feb 15th 2006 7:04 pm

We used the medical centre in Handsworth (nice place!!) and it cost about 400 quid, for a family of 5, and I had to have extra bloods as I've got tattoos and piercings. Ahh the costs of a misspent youth eh.

deanmhunt Feb 15th 2006 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by atkinsfamily
Can anyone help. Got our request for meds and pcc's. but when we looked at one near to us in the midlands it seems it could be about £1200. Not sure if that is right as not sure what we will need to have done. But going on basics thats the rough cost. It is for for people all of which are over 15 yrs of age. Can any one suggest a cheaper one we live in the midlands. thanks for any replies hope to see you soon.

We had ours at nottingham 2 adults 2 kids cost £616 including xrays, blood tests, good luck Tracey x

Wendy Feb 15th 2006 7:42 pm

Huddersfield

110 each for adults meds ( 55 for kids )
54 each for x rays
20 each for blood tests
24 for courier to adelaide

SBUK Feb 15th 2006 7:47 pm

We're booked into Handsworth Wood in March :D
£430 2xadults
2xkiddy winkles

irishbloo Feb 15th 2006 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by amanda76
we had ours at riverside medical practice in shrewsbury and payed £70 for two xrays (£35each)

and £420 for meds thats was for 2 adults and 3 children , i needed extra bloods as medical professional...................i didnt think this was bad

goodluck

mand :)

we went to same place and paid nearly the same price.couldnt fault the place.mind you it took them 3 weeks to bank the cheque but they sent the meds off straight away.x irishbloo

oliverandlisa Feb 15th 2006 8:43 pm

prices at Gatwick include the bloods, xrays and medicals - £207 per adult. Dont know what kid prices are.

Lisa.x