Reload this Page >

Medical condition

Medical condition

Old Jun 4th 2004, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Sana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical condition

Hi to everyone!

Could somebody help me to get some relevant information about one question that disturb me so much?

Our family (me, my husband & two children) lodge our application to DIMIA in May,2004. My husband is main applicant, was assessed like Mechanical Engeneer. I'm a lawyer.

We have 120 points and tnink we have a good chance to migrate. But one problem disturb me.

When i was born i've got a birth trauma. As consequence, now I have a slight limp in one leg.

Surely, don't need any medical treatment or hospital care, social pension or special help. I am full able to work and with success working like a lawyer.

Could this condition to affect on our application?
What kind of documents and when i must to render to DIMIA about this condition?
Could this condition to be a cause of refusal to grant a visa on medical ground?

This really disturb me so much, i am so confuse......

Sorry for my English.

Thank you!
Old Jun 4th 2004, 1:46 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I'd be very surprised if this affected your application Sana. Unless its something thats going to require a lot of medical attention I'd stop worrying & go for it.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 2:25 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Medical condition

I don't think you have anything to worry about on medical grounds.

Also there's no need to apologise for your English. It's a lot better then anyone-round-here's Ukranian, I'll bet!

Actually, on that subject, you will probably need to prove that your English is good enough. This is not a topic that comes up here very often as almost all of us are native English speakers (well this *is* britishexpats.com) but there are some who may be able to comment on this. Simone, perhaps?
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much for your attention!!

I feel myself much better now.

Nevertheless, I hope everything will be fine and our visas will be granted.

P.S. It's big pleasure for me to read your comments about my English, really!!!
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:45 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by Sana

P.S. It's big pleasure for me to read your comments about my English, really!!!

Your English is just great

I like what your footnote says too - exactly how I'm feeling at the moment
Old Jun 4th 2004, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Don't worry about the medicals - you'll be fine.

Your Latin's probably better than most of ours as well!!!

What a lovely phrase. I have printed that out for my notice board at work.

Old Jun 4th 2004, 9:49 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Hi to everyone!

Could somebody help me to get some relevant information about one question that disturb me so much?

Our family (me, my husband & two children) lodge our application to DIMIA in May,2004. My husband is main applicant, was assessed like Mechanical Engeneer. I'm a lawyer.

We have 120 points and tnink we have a good chance to migrate. But one problem disturb me.

When i was born i've got a birth trauma. As consequence, now I have a slight limp in one leg.

Surely, don't need any medical treatment or hospital care, social pension or special help. I am full able to work and with success working like a lawyer.

Could this condition to be a cause of refusal to grant a visa on medical ground?

Sorry for my English.

Thank you!
Hi sana

Welcome to you and your family on this site

I should imagine you will have to declare your medical condition on your medical form. You will probaly be asked about it during the medical. If the doctor has any problems he may ask you to see a consultant to check the condition is not a problem.

Don't worry.....if it is not a problem to you...then it is probably not a problem to DIMIA

As for your English; you write this perfectly as a second language......you should be proud

Good luck in your application. I'm sure you will be OK

Old Jun 5th 2004, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your support!!

It's so wonderful to read such friendly replies!
Old Jun 5th 2004, 7:05 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

[i]What a lovely phrase. I have printed that out for my notice board at work.

What does it say dying to know, Im so nosey
Old Jun 5th 2004, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by sky
What does it say dying to know, Im so nosey
"Through rough ways to the stars".
Old Jun 5th 2004, 10:06 am
Class 2 Guru

Originally posted by Olive101
Much the same as "per ardua ad astra", then?
Old Jun 5th 2004, 10:07 am
Class 2 Guru

Originally posted by Olive101
Much the same as "per ardua ad astra", then?
Old Jun 5th 2004, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

dutch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to everyone!

Sorry for my English.

Thank you!
Hi Sana!

I'm waiting (hopefully!) for the famous yellow envelope asking us to go to medicals etc and I asked a few of the guys what was involved.

Apparently, it can vary slightly from doctor to doctor but, in general, will involve the following:

Chest X-ray. This tests for tuberculosis.
Blood test for AIDS

The rest involves test like: urine test, eye, ear, sight, reflexes, blood pressure, heart rate, height, weight etc. The kind of general health stuff you would expect.

What they're looking for can be put into two catagories:

People with serious communicable diseases and those with chronic or prolonged illnesses which will prevent them from working when they get out there.

Doesn't sound like you fall into either of these catagories, so you should be fine.

Best of luck with the rest of the application.

Dave
Old Jun 5th 2004, 5:52 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

dont worry i have a rare form of skin disease called urticaria pimentosa.now i couldnt hide it as it is very visable but only on parts of the body that would be covered in daily life. and it was all down on medicals that i have had bi-ops and that it will never go away and none of this made any diferance to the medicals and we got in no probs so dont worry you should be fine.good luck jonni boy
Old Jun 5th 2004, 6:23 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi Sana,

I also have a limp due to a birth condition affecting the right side of my body. I got through the medical with no problem at all, so I'm sure you will be fine.

I took with me a summary of my medical history which showed the operations I had when I was younger.

The doctor checked my reflexes which were fine and tested the strength of my legs and arms; he was happy that there was no serious problem and it was obvious I could walk around ok. The medical history showed that I've had no treatment for this since the operations so there's no ongoing problem either.

As others have said, they're looking for serious or potentially serious conditions that could lead to expensive treatment.

It doesn't sound as if you are in that category so don't worry.

Elaine M

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.