Reload this Page >

Medical Checks - Diabetes ?

Medical Checks - Diabetes ?

Old Jan 16th 2004, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Spooky_uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Medical Checks - Diabetes ?

My first direct query !

I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes last year - I do not need insulin injections and manage the condition with diet control and also tablets.

What effect will this have on moving over there ? Will it stop it totally or will it count against me in any way ? It is not disabling in any way, you get the odd symptoms now and then but it certainly does not stop you from fully enjoying life and working normally..

Hope someone can shed some light on the subject.. Thanks.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 11:23 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Checks - Diabetes ?

Originally posted by Spooky_uk
My first direct query !

I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes last year - I do not need insulin injections and manage the condition with diet control and also tablets.

What effect will this have on moving over there ? Will it stop it totally or will it count against me in any way ? It is not disabling in any way, you get the odd symptoms now and then but it certainly does not stop you from fully enjoying life and working normally..

Hope someone can shed some light on the subject.. Thanks.

dunno spoky and i wish u luck,... on another note

bloke used to work for me, and he was fully diabetic, great fella and skinny <hated him> he could bloody eat a horse

anyway as u know u gotta eat regularly, and he DID.. one morning he woke up and nice n brite outside, thru curtains, so he went down had a smoko, put fryin pan on and sat on the dunny smokin and reading...

20 mins later all went dark, he thought it was armageddon, he shot up off the loo, ran in kitchen and out thru the back door and just stars,, for weeks he thought hed been witness to extra terrestrial activity, then few days after a news piece stated 5 drug dealers cornered by police helicopter 2 weeks previous... oh god that poor man he didnt live it down......

point:

memories u can take anywhere
Old Jan 16th 2004, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

Spooky_uk is an unknown quantity at this point

True
Old Jan 16th 2004, 11:35 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

Im sure that as long as you are well controlled....you should be fine.
I think that dimia will expect a consultant letter to say as such too so if you havent already been referred then maybe ask your gp to do so now..it'll save time when you need to get all the info together with medical stuff