Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medical check and chest x-ray

Medical check and chest x-ray

Old Feb 26th 2006, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Currie is a jewel in the roughCurrie is a jewel in the roughCurrie is a jewel in the roughCurrie is a jewel in the roughCurrie is a jewel in the rough
Default Medical check and chest x-ray

I would like to have my medical and chest x-ray done but DIMIA have not yet requested this.

Is it possible to have them done unrequested?
If so where do I get form 160 and 26 from?
Is there a long waiting list (Manchester area)?

Any comments greatly appreciated
Old Feb 26th 2006, 6:24 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical check and chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Currie
I would like to have my medical and chest x-ray done but DIMIA have not yet requested this.

Is it possible to have them done unrequested?
If so where do I get form 160 and 26 from?
Is there a long waiting list (Manchester area)?

Any comments greatly appreciated

Hi Currie
Yes you can get the meds done unrequested, we are using Dr Tankel (based in Salford) tel 0161 736 4529, but you would need xrays done first at Dr Bisset st Johns st m/c tel 0161 834 4175, you can get it all done at Dr Bisset's but he is so much more expensive, it just depends if you can get time off to go to 2 meds on 2 different days.
Dr Tankel needs to see your xray result before he sees you.
I too want to know about the 160 and 26 forms, good luck!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 6:44 pm
from Bristol to Perth

johnmitz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soonbethere
Hi Currie
Yes you can get the meds done unrequested, we are using Dr Tankel (based in Salford) tel 0161 736 4529, but you would need xrays done first at Dr Bisset st Johns st m/c tel 0161 834 4175, you can get it all done at Dr Bisset's but he is so much more expensive, it just depends if you can get time off to go to 2 meds on 2 different days.
we had the 160 and 26 forms e-mailed to us by our agent, along with the list of recognised panel doctors that MUST be used, are you using an agent?
Old Feb 26th 2006, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Currie

http://www.immi.gov.au/forms_booklets/index.htm

You will need to hunt for them, but somewhere on here

Lisa.x
Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Currie is a jewel in the roughCurrie is a jewel in the roughCurrie is a jewel in the roughCurrie is a jewel in the roughCurrie is a jewel in the rough

Hi Currie
Hi soonbethere
I'll probably use St Johns Street and get it all done in one go (Do you know the cost?)
I don't think you can download forms 160 and 26 from the DIMIA website. The ones there are for onshore applications. Good luck.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by johnmitz
we had the 160 and 26 forms e-mailed to us by our agent, along with the list of recognised panel doctors that MUST be used, are you using an agent?
Yes I am using an agent. I will ask him about the forms. Thanks.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:25 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Currie
Hi soonbethere
I'll probably use St Johns Street and get it all done in one go (Do you know the cost?)
I don't think you can download forms 160 and 26 from the DIMIA website. The ones there are for onshore applications. Good luck.
Hi Currie
(these are the prices for Salford)
£13 for each blood test, usually only 1 needed, unless you have a tattoo, and or going to be working in the nursing profession.
£90 per adult medical fee
£45 per child medical fee
£55 per xray
£35 courier fee

if you go with the others at St Johns its ££ a lot more (I did have it written down somewhere, but I think it was so much more expensive that I threw it away)
The xrays were being done at Crumpsall hosp at only £25 each!! but the Dr is leaving and so we have no choice but to use the one at St Johns st.
Give em a call 1st, we shopped around and found that M/C are about the cheapest, we looked at Liverpool/Preston and Huddersfield, but way more expensive.
Good luck!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

you have to download the forms from the australian high commision site, look under medicals and the forms are there, 160 and 26
Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:42 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
you have to download the forms from the australian high commision site, look under medicals and the forms are there, 160 and 26

Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:46 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

Originally Posted by steve`o
Hey thanks steve 'o !!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by steve`o
Thanks for the link to the forms. I e-mailed my agent about having my meicals done and he has told me not to until requested by DIMIA.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:43 am
Warrington Cheshire

Need 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really nice

We have also been told NOT to do meds unrequested, as it will affect our validation dates, which can mean visa is dated from the date you have meds, and if you are a category B you may only in some cases get 6 months to validate - which could cause big probs for some.

We have had our application at DIMIA for 8 weeks now, and I am really anxious to get meds request, this has been the worst wait for us.

We dont know whether to put house on market, as we dont want to be presumptious that we are going to pass meds (nothing major wrong)
angela
Old Feb 27th 2006, 12:55 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

Hi Angela
I know what you mean, we have decided to book our meds for April (when the children are off school) we calculate that we should hear from the DIMIA in April, so we think!! that we should be on target for that, it looks as thought 4 months is average to hear from the CO so get your house up, it could take ages to sell (hope not!) we got a buyer willing to wait, we have been upfront with them, they understand our situation,. they are renting at the mo and hopefully you may get someone equally as eager,so go for it! (ps what do you mean about category B??
thanks
Annette
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:58 pm
Warrington Cheshire

Need 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really nice

Hi Annete - I believe when you have your meds they tick box a - everything ok !! have a nice life, or box b which means you may need further investigation or med support: ie if you were very overweight, and BP high, they may want to suggest DIMIA take further past history etc.

ps - I am no expert on this , sure there are loads of threads, its just what I have gathered from other posts.

I am having a real dilema at the mo, and think April may well be around the time we are requested for meds, as you. However my 16 yr old son leaves school in May, to add to housing complication - He has a job to start if we dont get visa, but cant start it if get visa - so we neeeeeed to know sooooooon!!!!.
angela
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:03 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

Oh golly! we too have a 16yr old daughter, she is due to take GCSE's etc,,,so we can't go until after that, possibly July, well thats when we want to fly anyway....
Sorry to steal your thread by the way ....!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.