Medical Check

Old Nov 12th 2003, 8:54 am
Just Joined

HannahLloyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Medical Check

Hello again everyone,

I have now decided to apply for my Spouse (De Facto) visa here in England, due to your advise, thank you. Hopefully my partner will be able to get his sister to send all the paperwork we need.

I have heard that when you are applying outside Australia, you are not to send a medical check until you have lodged your application and they request one from you. Is this correct?

What do you think to me getting a letter from the doctor to say that I am of good health just to support my appilcation?
Does everyone get asked to complete a medical check and x-ray?

I've never been ill, only 22, so I was hoping that I wouldn't need one!! Is that wishful thinking??

Thanks

Hannah
Old Nov 12th 2003, 9:13 am
settling in, finally

bawi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Check

Hi Hannah

It is me again. From my experience it is best to do the so called front loading. It means that you send in your medical and police clearance certificate with your application and all other supportive documentation. It is mainly for spouse visas. And yes, everyone needs to do the medical. On the embassy site there should be a list of doctors that are allowed to do it. Not all are, only the panel doctors. All you need to get is the relevant form for the doctor to fill in. I let someone in England answer the question where to get that from, as here in Switzerland the panel doctor had them with her, which does not seem to be the case in England.
Police clearance seem to take the longest time, so you might want to start with that soon, again someone in England will be able to tell you how to get it.
Hope i could help a bit anyway and good luck.

Barbara
Old Nov 12th 2003, 9:19 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

If you send an email to this address requesting medical forms they will post you them and attach the list of panel doctors for you.
[email protected]

Hope this helps
Old Nov 12th 2003, 9:22 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Check

Hi Hannah

As Bawi says you will need a medical. Download the list of Panel doctors from the website.
You will also need your police clearance (think it can take around 40 days, seems to depend on which force you have to use).
Then you can front end load your application and it should cut down the application time as they will not have to write back to you requesting the medical and police check.

Cheers

TT

Originally posted by HannahLloyd
Hello again everyone,

I have now decided to apply for my Spouse (De Facto) visa here in England, due to your advise, thank you. Hopefully my partner will be able to get his sister to send all the paperwork we need.

I have heard that when you are applying outside Australia, you are not to send a medical check until you have lodged your application and they request one from you. Is this correct?

What do you think to me getting a letter from the doctor to say that I am of good health just to support my appilcation?
Does everyone get asked to complete a medical check and x-ray?

I've never been ill, only 22, so I was hoping that I wouldn't need one!! Is that wishful thinking??

Thanks

Hannah
Old Nov 12th 2003, 9:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hannah,
Barbara is right, go for front-end loading. Most of the people on here are going for skills/independent visas, which take much longer, hence its better to wait till the meds are requested.
For one of the partner/spouse visas though, you are better off submitting it all together.
Get the Police check sent for as soon as you can, ring your local police HQ, speak to Data Protection, and tell them you need a Subject Access form for migration purposes (if you get stuck pm me and tell me where you live, and I'll find the details for you).

As for the medicals; you can request the forms by email, and they will post them to you

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/html...character.html

should give you all the info, then download the list of panel doctors from the same link. Shop around if there are several doctors near you, prices can vary a lot.

Good luck,