Reload this Page >

Medical Agencies-Beware!!!

Medical Agencies-Beware!!!

Old Jun 6th 2003, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Agencies-Beware!!!

Hi All,
I have recieved a lot of help on this forum, so I thought I would put some advice back so to speak, and have a good whinge at the same time!

My partner Clare is a Radiographer, we thought the 457 visa would be the best route for us, easiest, quickest etc,etc.

Unfortunately we have had a nightmare some of you would have heard me whinge about our situation on a number of occasions! We were initially sponsored by an agency on the sponsorship scheme, ie not a job offer through a hospital. We were then told this agency had no work for us, needless to say this is a little bit of a problem when they are sponsoring us! We decided to look elsewhere, we found another agency, who offered Clare a position through a hospital in Rockhampton. Great, good news at last, we thought.

To say we have been "led up the garden path" is an understatement. The agency stated that they charge $220 admin fee, probably stupidly we understood this to be the cost of our Visa, how wrong we were!

This is what we have paid to date:

AIR professional Accreditation= $220
Registration to Queensland= $320
Admin fee for agency = $220
457 visa fee = $160
Fee for agency to nominate = $235
Fee for registration for equipment=$87

The one that really sticks in the throat is paying the agency for their nomination, it was not in their terms&conditions!!!

To be honest we have probably been naive, however I am still pissed off, the agency are also getting off the hospital :

$4500 finders fee for Clare
11% of Clare's total wage, will be paid to the agency weekly!
The position is only until April 2004.
I obviously tried to talk to the agency to try and eradicate some of these costs, her answer "you want this job, you will have to pay it, we won't" Nice eh!

So what has the agency brougt to the party? F*** All that's what. In effect we have no financial help from anybody, In my opinion these agencies are blood suckers! They are pricing hospitals out of the labour market with their demands. Because we are at such a late stage, the house sale hopefully completes next week, flights booked for 24th June. W can do nothing but take the pill.

I feel I have had my pants pulled down and been violated in a big way!

So any Nurses or other medical staff, thinking of taking this route be very careful! The reaction of the agent to our concerns, really pissed me off, spoke to me like i was being a nuiscance.

We are looking for some sort of PR when in OZ, any advice on the best way to do this would be great!

Now that's off my chest, I will go and take a chill pill!

Thanks for hearing me bleat.
Gary&Clare

Old Jun 6th 2003, 7:20 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Agencies-Beware!!!

Originally posted by garywarby
So any Nurses or other medical staff, thinking of taking this route be very careful! The reaction of the agent to our concerns, really pissed me off, spoke to me like i was being a nuiscance.

We are looking for some sort of PR when in OZ, any advice on the best way to do this would be great!

Gary&Clare

mad:

The rip off country feeds on refugees from all over the world , you are tip of a immigration industry that this country is built on.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jun 6th 2003 at 7:41 am.