Medical

Old Sep 29th 2005, 11:53 am
Just Joined

JugheadJones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical

I'm (hopefully) going over to Sydney on a sponsored 457 visa in January. I know that I need to have an X Ray but will I need to have a medical aswell?

Cheers

Jugs
Old Sep 29th 2005, 12:00 pm
Debs M

dhw210770 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical

Hi Jugs,

Most definitely. It doesn't matter what visa you are going in on, everyone who applies to live in Australia has to have a full medical done.

The website to find medical doctors in your area is:

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORMS/DOCTORS.PDF

The price also varies on which doctor you go to.

Regards,
Debs
Old Sep 29th 2005, 12:01 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JugheadJones
I'm (hopefully) going over to Sydney on a sponsored 457 visa in January. I know that I need to have an X Ray but will I need to have a medical aswell?

Cheers

Jugs
Think its all part and parcel of the same thing. Its no big deal though, they just make sure you have a pulse really and aren't dying
Old Sep 29th 2005, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Jugs
Do you have to go on a 457? Can you not get PR? There are a lot of hidden costs with a 457. You will need medicals, chest x-ray and depending on your job, bloods. The price for these is the same whether you apply for a 457 or PR. You will also have to pay the application fee and medical insurance. Depending on where you live, you'll have to pay school fees for your children. I don't want to put a downer on things, but I learnt the hard way and wasted too much money to mention!
Old Sep 29th 2005, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

JugheadJones is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the responses people. I thought I'd need one - just wanted to check as I can't seem to get a response from the migration agent my sponsoring company is using.

Glittababe, I hear what you're saying but really just going for an adventure for a couple of years and this seems like the easiest way to go about it. Also the job and company I'm going to are great and they need someone asap so I don't want to miss out.

Cheers,

Jugs
Old Sep 29th 2005, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the responses people. I thought I'd need one - just wanted to check as I can't seem to get a response from the migration agent my sponsoring company is using.

Glittababe, I hear what you're saying but really just going for an adventure for a couple of years and this seems like the easiest way to go about it. Also the job and company I'm going to are great and they need someone asap so I don't want to miss out.

Cheers,

Jugs
Just be on your guard, companies that recruit put fantastic fronts on, then let you down when you're actually in aus. Think long term as well, is 2 yrs long enough? A 457 may seem the easiest answer, but in actual fact they can take just as long and be just as complicated as PR visa (depending on your occupation). Reasearch the company well.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 2:07 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers

Jugs
Apologies for bucking the trend of the answers you have had already but we are here on a 457, and we didn't have to undergo medicals. We did have chest x-rays but that was the extent of it for us. Our (then) 7yo daughter had to have a medical (of sorts, very basic), but again, that was all. No x-ray for her because she was too young.

We are applying for PR and will undoubtedly have to have full medicals for that, although as I understand it, we can avoid having the x-rays again if our application is within one year of the last ones.

HTH.

Sue
Old Sep 30th 2005, 9:46 am
Just Joined

DAVIES6 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Medical

Cheers

Jugs

Hi there we have just applied on a 457 visa me, hubby and two eldest children 16 & 13 had to have x rays. All children 16, 13, 9 & 2 had to have medicals eldest also had blood tests. Only if they will be entering education or working in health are medicals required at this point. We are applying for regional visa once out in Perth, we will need medicals then.This is what was requested from DIMA.

Hope this helps Gail