Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medibank Pvt IPO

Medibank Pvt IPO

Old Nov 30th 2014, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medibank Pvt IPO

Friends,

Might not be the right location to post in the forum. Mods please move if required.

Recently my sister applied for Medibank shares and she got some allocation...I think 2K shares at 2 bucks. The question I have her is..she thinks she didnt enter the unique HIN number....any idea how this works and how she will get her shares?

She will of course call but is right now travelling and does not have the best phone network.

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 6th 2014, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

swans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medibank Pvt IPO

Originally Posted by E3only View Post
Friends,

Might not be the right location to post in the forum. Mods please move if required.

Recently my sister applied for Medibank shares and she got some allocation...I think 2K shares at 2 bucks. The question I have her is..she thinks she didnt enter the unique HIN number....any idea how this works and how she will get her shares?

She will of course call but is right now travelling and does not have the best phone network.

Thanks in advance.
She will get her shares as an HIN is applied when a broker or margin lender is the sponsor.

An SRN is given when the issuer (company) is the sponsor,to move to CHESS just fax the issuer sponsored paperwork to the broker/marginlender and they do the work for you.Then all shareholdings are under the HIN.

There is not much difference unless you want to sell or borrow money against the holdings,selling is slightly more difficult under the SRN as paperwork to prove you own the shares must be given to the seller under T + 3 basis.

SRN just means security reference number.
HIN is holder indentification number
CHESS is clearing house electronic sub register system.

Doesn't really matter,she still gets all communications from the registry (computer share or Link) in either case.

Geordie downunder
Old Dec 8th 2014, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medibank Pvt IPO

Thanks very much. Thats perfect. I will have her contact the registry.