Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Median Property Prices under $300,000

Median Property Prices under $300,000

Old Sep 19th 2010, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of
Default Re: Median Property Prices under $300,000

Originally Posted by Weebie
Probably the worst suburb in Australia. 4 Guns per person and if you're white do not go there.
This is no -
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES even think about St Albans.
Muslim,Sudanese,Crime Family,heroin capital etc enclave.
A typical St Albans day,a few years ago a prostitute was murdered,in summer,and her body left in a car for over a week at St Albans train station,no-one noticed.
Australis answer to South Los Angeles suburb of Inglewood-and I have had the misfortune of residing in both areas.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

Only have some knowledge of the Brisbane suburbs but it is probably important for people in the UK to realise that any of those places are almost certainly not the Australia they dream of. $400,000 plus will buy you something pretty average for a family in SE Queensland in a place you would actually want to live.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just say that I know some people living in a few of the suburbs mentioned for Sydney.

Whilst some areas I would not consider living in there are some areas of the suburbs mentioned that for someone on a budget / priced out of other areas then there are some good houses in honest hard working family areas that offer a good standard of living.

I have also worked with many people in the areas mentioned (especially Fairfield) and have found them very good company and very welcoming, attended some very good BBQ's out that way.

I have mixed with people from Mosman / Neutral Bay to Camden and Liverpool and too be honest it is some of the people from the far West that I personally found I have much more in common with and I more than ok with admitting that.

I am from Middlesbrough originally and I find many people in Australia are similar in many ways to people from Northern towns, honest / hard working / resourceful / give it a go types

I think it is important to remember that there are still people making the move to Australia on a budget hoping to work hard and forge out a better life for themselves. For some it is not case of transplanting a wealthy life in the UK for one in Australia. It will mean starting low and climbing the social / housing ladder, which I do believe is easier in Australia.

When I went to Australia in 2002 I had very little and over time we progressed.

Last edited by Jon77; Sep 19th 2010 at 8:53 am.