Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Median House Price

Median House Price

Old Jul 2nd 2003, 11:01 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Median House Price

Median House prices (A$k) June QTR 2003. Source BIS Shrapnel.

Sydney 465
Melbourne 350
Brisbane 223
Adelaide 204
Perth 205
Hobart 155
Canberra 270
Darwin 215
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Here is the Link to article well one of the articles at least.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

I know I posted the link but for Brisbane I just DO NOT BELIEVE the meridian price of property is $223,000. You've got to really look hard to find properties less than $200,000, yet their are plenty of properties above $300,000. Yet according to these figures you would need 4 houses selling for $200,000 for every house sold for $300,000 to bring the average back to $223,000, and for houses selling for $500,000 and above you would need dozens. which is just not the case.

I'd say the average price of property in Brisbane is $250,000 cannot comment about other cities as I don't live their.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
I know I posted the link but for Brisbane I just DO NOT BELIEVE the meridian price of property is $223,000. You've got to really look hard to find properties less than $200,000, yet their are plenty of properties above $300,000. Yet according to these figures you would need 4 houses selling for $200,000 for every house sold for $300,000 to bring the average back to $223,000, and for houses selling for $500,000 and above you would need dozens. which is just not the case.

I'd say the average price of property in Brisbane is $250,000 cannot comment about other cities as I don't live their.
The link refers to 'median' not 'average'. I believe there is a significant difference when it comes to house prices because the really expensive ones don't affect the median as much as they affect the average. It also depends how you define 'Brisbane'.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 9:08 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by etlniwd
The link refers to 'median' not 'average'. I believe there is a significant difference when it comes to house prices because the really expensive ones don't affect the median as much as they affect the average. It also depends how you define 'Brisbane'.
I would say it's the Brisbane Statistical Division. This surrounds Moreton Bay and extends from Caboolture in the north to Ipswich in the west and Ormeau in the south. While Brisbane is the financial and administrative centre for Queensland, the Division also includes the Metropolitan area of Redcliffe, the Metropolitan area of Logan, the Redland Shire and the Pine Rivers Shire.