Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Med Requests!! But Then...........

Med Requests!! But Then...........

Old May 5th 2005, 1:16 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice
Angry Med Requests!! But Then...........

Really pissed off!

Received an email last night from our agent saying that our meds had been requested Great! We frontloaded ours 2 weeks ago so we were very excited last night!

This morning, however, we receive a letter from our agent saying that the DIMIA now want proof of income for 2003 & 2004! Unfortunately, the 2004 accounts have not been finalised yet! Also, today, I have had to order some replacement statements for the accountant which will take 7/10days. What with that and then the accountant actually having to finalise the accounts, me sending them to my agent and her sending them to Australia, its going to take weeks!

I am sooooooo cross! Has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone have a 'legal' idea of how to get proof of income other than accounts??

Why did the agent get us excited with the email and then send such a letter

I never want to have to go through this stress again - its too much

Any ideas - Help!!

Jayne
Old May 5th 2005, 2:18 pm

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice
Default Re: Med Requests!! But Then...........

Originally Posted by andy & jayne
Really pissed off!

Received an email last night from our agent saying that our meds had been requested Great! We frontloaded ours 2 weeks ago so we were very excited last night!

This morning, however, we receive a letter from our agent saying that the DIMIA now want proof of income for 2003 & 2004! Unfortunately, the 2004 accounts have not been finalised yet! Also, today, I have had to order some replacement statements for the accountant which will take 7/10days. What with that and then the accountant actually having to finalise the accounts, me sending them to my agent and her sending them to Australia, its going to take weeks!

I am sooooooo cross! Has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone have a 'legal' idea of how to get proof of income other than accounts??

Any ideas - Help!!

Jayne

bumping!!!!
Old May 5th 2005, 3:00 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

your poor things, still look on the bright side, you have been requested and as soon as the paperwork is handled you are all systems go again. good luck and hope the boring stuff doesn't take too much longer.

louise

p.s what is bumping?
Old May 5th 2005, 3:20 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you ask your agent if draft accounts would be acceptable? - if you are VAT registered then copies of your returns could be used to roughly verify the turnover

And be warned, the stress really starts when you come to sell your house and if it has not hit you by then it will be when you make the move
Old May 5th 2005, 3:26 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Med Requests!! But Then...........

What about bank statements, would they not help?

R
Old May 5th 2005, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Carruss
What about bank statements, would they not help?

R
We own a restaurant so are self employed!! So I do not think bank statements would count I don't know! Luckily have someone who wants the business so fingers crossed no stress involved with selling.

Just this has really bugged me! And have tried to get in contact with agent but funnily enough is always out

Jayne
Old May 5th 2005, 4:47 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

We own a restaurant so are self employed!! So I do not think bank statements would count I don't know! Luckily have someone who wants the business so fingers crossed no stress involved with selling.

Just this has really bugged me! And have tried to get in contact with agent but funnily enough is always out

Jayne
Hi there, we also had a request from DIMIA for further info (basically had to get more up to date reference). I was really annoyed because in my opionion it was a simple mistake made by our Agent. We are still waiting for our Visa and I know it has delayed things. I don't know who your agent is but you should complain to them. If you are paying someone (a professional ) to put your application together then it should only be in very rare circumstances that DIMIA require more info - surely it is an Agents job to know what necessary documentation is needed.
Anyway, I hope you get some answers soon and that things sort themselves out.
Best of luck
Carolyn
Old May 5th 2005, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by NAC
Hi there, we also had a request from DIMIA for further info (basically had to get more up to date reference). I was really annoyed because in my opionion it was a simple mistake made by our Agent. We are still waiting for our Visa and I know it has delayed things. I don't know who your agent is but you should complain to them. If you are paying someone (a professional ) to put your application together then it should only be in very rare circumstances that DIMIA require more info - surely it is an Agents job to know what necessary documentation is needed.
Anyway, I hope you get some answers soon and that things sort themselves out.
Best of luck
Carolyn
Hi Carolyn,

Good luck to you too!!

Jayne
Old May 5th 2005, 5:21 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise4
louise

p.s what is bumping?
A bump is to take the thread back to the top of the forum again so that peeps can see it

Good Luck Jayne, I would be furous too!!
Old May 5th 2005, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

Jayne

Sorry to hear about the hassle. If I spot anything elsewhere on the web will let you know. Sorry can't be of any help at all, but thoughts with you.

Claire.
Old May 5th 2005, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Med Requests!! But Then...........

Really pissed off!

Any ideas - Help!!

Jayne
Hi

If you are self employed sales invoices could be used to prove turnover

otherwise do a signed declaration of profit, turnover etc. stating current accounts not finalised.

Hope this helps

Tracy ( with help from Mark - the finance brain!)
Old May 5th 2005, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=andy & jayne]Really pissed off!

Out of interest, if it is not too nosey, why do they need to know your income??
Tracy
Old May 5th 2005, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Bubbles
Hi

If you are self employed sales invoices could be used to prove turnover

otherwise do a signed declaration of profit, turnover etc. stating current accounts not finalised.

Hope this helps

Tracy ( with help from Mark - the finance brain!)
Okay Brains (Mark!)

Sorry a bit of a thicky when it comes to things like this! How do i go about getting this declaration??

Thankyou for replying, really grateful!

Jayne
Old May 5th 2005, 9:24 pm
Oxygen Pig

TRIMIX will become famous soon enoughTRIMIX will become famous soon enough

Okay Brains (Mark!)

Sorry a bit of a thicky when it comes to things like this! How do i go about getting this declaration??

Thankyou for replying, really grateful!

Jayne

A stat decloration is something you do yourself if you pm me with your email address I will send you one of mine as I own my own company and have had to do these and you could basically adapt mine to your own needs. I also used my accountant to verify my income, will cost you for the accountant to do this though. I had my stat dec verifyied and countersigned by a police officer and this went through alright. A stat dec takes the form of yes I earn so and so, signed countersigned and dated.

Neil