Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mechanical Engineering (Water/Wastewater) jobs in OZ

Mechanical Engineering (Water/Wastewater) jobs in OZ

Old Nov 7th 2009, 6:37 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mechanical Engineering (Water/Wastewater) jobs in OZ

Hi guys,
We've been in Auckland for the past 5months & OH's finding it very hard/impossible to find a job.
He is a Mechanical Engineer in Water/Wastewater treatment with 5yrs experience...
Would you know of any company he could try & contact to see if they'd be willing to consider him & sponsor him for visa & stuff?? Being across the Tasman should help as not as far as Uk...
Any advise/tips are very welcome... As if a job opportunity comes up for him we would be willing to pack n move as I work in hospitality & jobs in hotels are somewhat easier to be found...
Cheeeeeers
Old Nov 7th 2009, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all
Default Re: Mechanical Engineering (Water/Wastewater) jobs in OZ

Originally Posted by Matewx
Hi guys,
We've been in Auckland for the past 5months & OH's finding it very hard/impossible to find a job.
He is a Mechanical Engineer in Water/Wastewater treatment with 5yrs experience...
Would you know of any company he could try & contact to see if they'd be willing to consider him & sponsor him for visa & stuff?? Being across the Tasman should help as not as far as Uk...
Any advise/tips are very welcome... As if a job opportunity comes up for him we would be willing to pack n move as I work in hospitality & jobs in hotels are somewhat easier to be found...
Cheeeeeers
Hello, I work in the water sector in Perth. There are a few projects going on here, and some over East which would probably suit you more? I know Brisbane has a few alliances going for wastewater plants, Melbourne and Sydney are both building desal plants, Sydney's is half built, so probably not so much work there, but Melbourne's is just being designed now and will be one of the biggest in the world. the engineers behind it are Thiess and Worleyparsons. hit them up first. i don't know how far you'd get with sponsorship now though as there's been a glut of engineers in oz after the slowdown but things are picking up again now.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:49 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!
We're looking them up...
If anyone has any advice whatsoever send it our way.... pleeeeeeease
Old Nov 9th 2009, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

Have you actually looked through the ads on seek.co.au or other recruitment websites?
Search with "wastewater and engineering" is showing quite a few jobs.
The other option is contact directly the state water utilities.

Not sure about getting sponsored though.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Melbourne Water is the insrumentality that handles the waste water treatment in Melbourne. They do not employ a lot of people these days though and they would not sponsor I believe as jobs are easily filled from Australia. A lot of ex marine engineers do work in the treatment plants. How do I know my oh works for them.