Mecano Kit Home

Old May 31st 2008, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Mecano Kit Home

Hi Guys, I'm going to get out of renting somehow if it kills me!

Has anyone heard anything about these? They sound simple and look very inexpensive.

www.mecano.com.au

Q
Old May 31st 2008, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mecano Kit Home

Wow, they look great. I am very interested to see what replies you get.
Old May 31st 2008, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

jimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to all

I have seen a display home I think it was Gympie, not sure if same company, but very similar design as the beachside kit home. was very nice but not cheap !! I liked the 2 pavilions, and you can change the inside rooms around if wanted.
Old May 31st 2008, 2:59 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

There are loads of companies out there who do kit homes. We are building using one later this year. I believe from the company the framework can go up in a day, well we will soon see on that one. They are cheaper and when we can't afford to get a company to build for us seems a good idea, moving to the block in just over 2 weeks to start the site prep, should be fun!
Jenny
Old May 31st 2008, 7:41 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quercus

Has anyone heard anything about these? They sound simple and look very inexpensive.

www.mecano.com.au

Q
hi friends of ours are building an a.s.k. home
( australian steel kit ) there are just about to start the slab so it will be intresting to see how other peoples projects pan out,

this is from u tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzks9w3jxmI

carnt watch it meself as i`ve excided me monthly download and i`m on
mega crawl at the mo

ps is the video any good ????
Old Jun 1st 2008, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I am assuming these houses would not be so good for insulation, but I suppose if you are building it yourself you could add some.
I really do like this idea, although we do struggle to build a wardrobe, so maybe we would need some help.
Jensteve, make sure you come on here and give us progress reports.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 1:44 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
( australian steel kit ) there are just about to start the slab so it will be intresting to see how other peoples projects pan out,

this is from u tube

mega crawl at the mo

Video's brill...especially the bit wiv the big tits at the end...
Old Jun 1st 2008, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

Wilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really nice

Originally Posted by quercus

www.mecano.com.au

Q
I thought these looked cool too: www.ralhomes.com.au
Old Jun 1st 2008, 2:30 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
I am assuming these houses would not be so good for insulation, but I suppose if you are building it yourself you could add some.
I really do like this idea, although we do struggle to build a wardrobe, so maybe we would need some help.
Jensteve, make sure you come on here and give us progress reports.
most houses in qld dont have insulation
Old Jun 1st 2008, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jensteve
There are loads of companies out there who do kit homes. We are building using one later this year. I believe from the company the framework can go up in a day, well we will soon see on that one. They are cheaper and when we can't afford to get a company to build for us seems a good idea, moving to the block in just over 2 weeks to start the site prep, should be fun!
Jenny
Please, let us know how it goes.

Did you have to get a home builder licence? Do you have friends lined up to help? I was thinking we would get a builder to give us a hand, but doing the finishing ourselves with tradies doing the necessary.

Are you putting a concrete slab down or raising it? I like the thought of car parking underneath. We haven't found a block or anything, just investigating the possibilities so far.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve'o and Pumpkin Blossom, the insulation thing really concerns me. Don't building regs now specify a minimum? The houses I've lived in here have been so uncomfortable in winter. Also in very hot weather.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wilpurina
I thought these looked cool too: www.ralhomes.com.au
These homes are really interesting with the roof and walls all in one piece. At first glance I thought they looked like pig housing. Raised or with landscaping they look better. Inside they look really cosy and cave like.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steve`o

this is from u tube

mega crawl at the mo

Thanks for this link. It's interesting, and so is their web site. It looks very professional with a lot of information. I couldn't find a price list though. I think they quote individually.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimmyd4006
I have seen a display home I think it was Gympie, not sure if same company, but very similar design as the beachside kit home. was very nice but not cheap !! I liked the 2 pavilions, and you can change the inside rooms around if wanted.
I liked the pavillion ones as well. I've found a couple of Gympie kit companies who don't have websites. I've emailed them for details. One of them at least uses steel.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 3:48 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jensteve
Jenny

So whens the House building party

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.