Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is it meant to be this hard???

is it meant to be this hard???

Old Dec 1st 2004, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about
Default is it meant to be this hard???

another whinge-post from me....

six days till i leave and its awfull - never realised how many people im hurting whilst chasing my luck/love to perth....it seems that its sinking in for the people around me now, there's teary-eyed people everywhere i go and my best friend is a mess...never seen her like this, her father pased away last year and i was the blubbering mess while she was the strong one...

i feel like the biggest bitch on earth, i know i shouldnt feel like this because its MY life and i know that people want me to be happy too, but it hurts like hell....

does it get better or should i prepare for the worst week of my life?

tanja
Old Dec 1st 2004, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: is it meant to be this hard???

Originally Posted by sunny side up

six days till i leave and its awfull - never realised how many people im hurting whilst chasing my luck/love to perth....it seems that its sinking in for the people around me now, there's teary-eyed people everywhere i go and my best friend is a mess...never seen her like this, her father pased away last year and i was the blubbering mess while she was the strong one...

i feel like the biggest bitch on earth, i know i shouldnt feel like this because its MY life and i know that people want me to be happy too, but it hurts like hell....

tanja
So sorry you feel so bad - IT IS because they love you though.
Good luck in Perth - be happy, and all these sad people will be happy for, and with, you.
Cas
Old Dec 1st 2004, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

thanks cas,

i know what you say is true, its just so hard to see it through all the emotions you go through...thanks!
Old Dec 1st 2004, 11:53 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Tania

2 months ago we left and a friend of mine could not even come to see us on the day we left as she was a mess, they were all crying on the phone, (i never realised we were so popular !!) but this will pass and if you keep the emails and phone calls up it is like you are not too far away. Now I do not feel like I am missing anything as I am well informed and the people back home are enjoying the stories of Oz.

Keep focused your best friends will always be there no matter wher you live. You cannot be responsible for their happiness. It is amazing how quickly everyone gets back into their day to day stuff once you are gone. As well as that they have a nice place to come to on holiday.

It does geet better. What is the alternative, you stay home and you are miserable. Go for it.

Noeleen
Andrew63 other half

tanja
Old Dec 1st 2004, 11:57 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

tanja
Its just over a year ago since we left and it was the worst feeling in the world for 2 weeks we spent syaing goodbye to dear friends and family. I sat at the airport departure lounge and cried my heart out. It does get easier with time. I shed a tear the other day when I got xmas cards and letters and birthday cards from family who had not been in touch in over a year (we were travelling last xmas so we didn't get any cards!) it made me realise how my family and friends in the UK are still a part of my life and that I still miss them.

Jo
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 12:48 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

tanja
HI Tanja

Sorry you're going through this. Unfortunately its a part of immigrating for most people I think... I know I went through it. My own opinion is that its worse when you're coming here for an Aussie as well, almost feel like you're betraying all your friends and family you grew up with, for someone you've only know a couple of years.
It IS tough, if you think its not you'll be in for a shock. Sorry. However, it does get easier, especially if you have a partner who understands. Mine didnt when I first moved out here, he thought because I'd been here before it would only take me a week or two and things would be back to normal!! NO! A 'nice' long talk with him & he's seen things from how I feel, its made it much easier to have him understand why the seemingly unimportant things can be upsetting!

As you start your new life here; start work, get new friends etc you find there's less time to mourn your old life, just to think about the happy memories instead.

I have my fingers crossed for you, that you can get over here and start your new life and be happy as quickly as possible. Try and have something nice planned for the first couple of weeks after you arrive, this was the time I found the hardest (partner at work, bags to unpack, feeling jetlagged etc)

Lots of cyber hugs going out to you, and some karma as well

Cheers

[edit] just realised how gloomy my post my appear - it does get better. I still miss everyone, but I'm not thinking about them 24/7. I'm here, I'm having fun & on the whole, I'm loving it