Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meaning of FOICE??

Meaning of FOICE??

Old Jan 11th 2005, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Meaning of FOICE??

Hi all
I know this isnt Australian orientated but have just read my daughter a story Dr Zeus and he mentions the word FOICE. I have tried looking up in dictionary etc on line and cannot find it. Is this a real word?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. My 6 year old wants to know!!!!! and I know I wont be able to get to sleep until I know......
Thanks
Irene
Old Jan 11th 2005, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

gazf has a brilliant futuregazf has a brilliant futuregazf has a brilliant futuregazf has a brilliant futuregazf has a brilliant futuregazf has a brilliant future
Default Re: Meaning of FOICE??

Originally Posted by parkhigh
Hi all
I know this isnt Australian orientated but have just read my daughter a story Dr Zeus and he mentions the word FOICE. I have tried looking up in dictionary etc on line and cannot find it. Is this a real word?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. My 6 year old wants to know!!!!! and I know I wont be able to get to sleep until I know......
Thanks
Irene
I belive it means to push/impose the name foister is anglo saxon for a carpenter or so I am led to belive hope this helps Gaz Foister.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Meaning of FOICE??

Hello Gaz
Thanks for replying the book is about occupations and the actual quote in the book states" Maybe you should have a voice. Someday you must make a choice. Maybe you should be a foice! ??????"

It then goes on to say "When you find out what a FOICE is you can tell us what your choice is"

Carpenter wasnt what I expected but at least I have an answer thanks. Unless someone else has something to say!
Irene