Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meals Mel - Hong Kong

Meals Mel - Hong Kong

Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:38 pm
faf
Forum Regular

faf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nice
Default Meals Mel - Hong Kong

Hello

I'm due to fly to UK next week with a 3 year old and I'm trying to plan what food I need to take with me. So does anyone know what meal's you get on a night flight, first leg from Melbourne to Hong Kong. Don't need to know what's to eat, but how many meals we will get. With it being a night flight 11.00pm and only 9 hours I'm wondering if we'll have an evening meal and then breakfast before we land, or whether we'll be served breakfast at the start of the second leg?

Cheers
Sara

PS we're flying with Qantas if that helps.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 12:01 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meals Mel - Hong Kong

You will probably end up getting 2 breakfasts.

I'd probably skip whatever else is served on the MEL - HKG flight, it will be midnight before you eat. Eat at home or in the airport.

I have read a couple of times that Qantas have quite a limited service on the HKG - LHR sector...it's a 13 hr flight and the QF website says - 'Breakfast / Refreshment '.

I don't know exactly what this means but you'd expect that flight to be a 2 meal service? There are probably other snacks on the go I'm sure...you'd hope so anyway!