Reload this Page >

me wanna play football

me wanna play football

Old Dec 22nd 2003, 3:13 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough
Default me wanna play football

Hello - help please,

moving to Darwin March/April for a year to 18 months, then on to settle in Perth.

This is really insignificant compared to some threads I've seen, but does anyone know of any local amateur football (soccer) teams I could maybe join in either Perth or Darwin. Play a lot in England and have no idea how many pub style teams there are, or what sort of standard they play at.

Cheers.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

tetley101 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have couple of mates in sydney who tell me there are loads of teams.

they aren't very good either

you'll probably get a game for perth glory
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hi,

My cousin plays for a team in Perthh. Tink it is called Macadonia`s or something like that.
Its at karrinyup.
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 3:10 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: me wanna play football

Originally posted by loose
moving to Darwin March/April for a year to 18 months, then on to settle in Perth.
Something you may not have considered (or I may be teaching my grandmother to suck eggs...)

Mar/Apr in the NT is still pretty hot, it's late summer. You won't be able to run around for an hour and a half when you first get there, and it can take a year to acclimatise. If you do decide to take on some soccer, remember to drink LOADS of water. You'll think your pores have turned into sprinklers, but at least you'll stand less chance of dehydrating.
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

annalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant future

Originally posted by tetley
I have couple of mates in sydney who tell me there are loads of teams.

they aren't very good either

you'll probably get a game for perth glory

If you've played Sunday League in the UK you'd be too classy for Perth Glory..
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 5:17 am
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello - help please,

This is really insignificant compared to some threads I've seen, but does anyone know of any local amateur football (soccer) teams I could maybe join in either Perth or Darwin. Play a lot in England and have no idea how many pub style teams there are, or what sort of standard they play at.

Cheers.
There's plenty in Perth. Mr Pookin plays Mondays and Thursdays (well he did until he bodged his ankle!). They always seem to be short of players too. You should give the indoor beach volleyball a go too. I play the mixed and Mr P plays the 'hardcore' (!) men's one.

Feel free to email me nearer the time ref the football.
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 10:18 am
Re mem mem member

ta for advice, my girlfriend plays volleyball and touch rugby with mixed teams so maybe I'll give them a go too. Beach volleyballs not exactly huge in Yorkshire where I'm from, so I'll be a bit of a novice though!! Welly throwing and whippet racing - now there I'm an expert!

Glad it sounds like theres lots of football to be had though, and at varying (low) levels, and I know what you mean on the acclimatizing front. Last time I was in Darwin it was a tad warm!!
Old Dec 27th 2003, 6:17 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default footy

ta for advice, my girlfriend plays volleyball and touch rugby with mixed teams so maybe I'll give them a go too. Beach volleyballs not exactly huge in Yorkshire where I'm from, so I'll be a bit of a novice though!! Welly throwing and whippet racing - now there I'm an expert!

Glad it sounds like theres lots of football to be had though, and at varying (low) levels, and I know what you mean on the acclimatizing front. Last time I was in Darwin it was a tad warm!!
hiya mate intrested to know whether you follow the not so mighty leeds
Old Dec 29th 2003, 8:36 am
Re mem mem member

Hi, great advice as ever - thanks all.

Pookin - thanks I'll def get in touch nearer time for help from you and Mr Pookin.

WengerBoy - soz, afraid I'm arch enemies with the big Leeds boys! I'm a poor Bradford City fan. A good win against Coventry yesterday but looks like we'll still be dropping come May. Shame though, if we can stay up we'll be able to play leeds next year!
Old Dec 29th 2003, 6:39 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default robson

Hi, great advice as ever - thanks all.

Pookin - thanks I'll def get in touch nearer time for help from you and Mr Pookin.

WengerBoy - soz, afraid I'm arch enemies with the big Leeds boys! I'm a poor Bradford City fan. A good win against Coventry yesterday but looks like we'll still be dropping come May. Shame though, if we can stay up we'll be able to play leeds next year!
totally off the subject but do you really think robson is the right man?:scared:
Old Dec 29th 2003, 8:42 pm
WBB

Hello - help please,

Cheers.

i played a little football in oz when i was there and i thought the standard was pretty good, i found it easy enough to get a game though and played a vital role in earning our team relegation.

Old Dec 30th 2003, 9:57 am
Re mem mem member

Jury still out on Robson - He had a dream start, 2 nil down at half time to Millwall then win 3 - 2, but since then its been pretty kack! Been a bit unlucky, played ok but cant score so get caught with a late goal after being the better team. (West Brom and Walsall games) City fans are a miserable brutal lot who love a good moan, so there's a few out for him already. I loved him as a player so I'm reserving judgment. Soz for delay replying Wengerboy, I only really get chance to log on when I get a moment at work.

Who do you guys follow?

Welshboy, who did you play for in Oz mate?