MCIOB

Old Aug 27th 2022, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Don63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MCIOB

I see. I have since moved from Australia to Saudi Arabia and had the problem of no degree. Similar to Austraila (possibly) is that the hybrid of Vetassess here will not endorse any professional memberships; they are only interested in educational passes and the exam results. Maybe Vetasess are still the same as they were for me in 2002, that is, only interested if you have exam results. Contrary to what your Australian employer says, employers in the Middle East have high regard to MCIOB/MRICS but not the government body that will issue the visa. The way around this in my case was for my employer to issue a No Objection Certiicate as he wanted MCIOB/MRICS candidate + an educational framework that i have with the proven MCIOB results. This satisfied both government and employer. (It was CIOB DMX pathway for exams which is now abolished).
MCIOB has gone very big Middle East in recent years but never got that status in Australia. I did get MAIB (Australian Instiute of Building) Cert due to reciprocal agreement and AIPM when there; never gave me much of an advantage though, only a string of initials. The significance of MCIOB i reckon will depend on each employer's point of view. Suggest you always renew subscription as i let mine lapse and had to go through a long process for readmission. Good luck with the move.

Last edited by Don63; Aug 27th 2022 at 10:22 am.
Old Aug 27th 2022, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Stevezc11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MCIOB

I have noticed on job adverts in the Middle East they do specify chartership which is good to see. Overall I am glad I have done it, I just wish the governing bodies such as vetassess would understand not everyone goes through the educational route, and that on the job training is still equally valid.I still have all the equivalents of a degree here in the UK & have many qualifications & for this move it has been a nightmare. If I could go back to being 18 and done a degree? Potentially, but life changes and you change so it’s hard to know at such a young age what you want to do.

I agree with keeping up the membership as I am not doing that admission again. Whether I do AIB, not sure I want to do anymore studying after that!

Thanks for your kind words