Mazda owners!

Old Dec 2nd 2007, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

dj nee is a jewel in the roughdj nee is a jewel in the roughdj nee is a jewel in the roughdj nee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Mazda owners!

Originally Posted by worzel View Post

The only other thing I can fault is that getting it into reverse gear (manual) isn't always easy.
Thats a Ford fault too though. I had 2 Fords in the UK that had that problem. (try to put it into reverse...wont go...depress the clutch slightly, then it goes in ok)
My wife's mum has a Ford over here and it has the same fault.

Must admit i haven't noticed this problem with our Mazda (yet!).
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Barbitana View Post
Hi folks,
Planning to buy a Mazda (sedan) and just wondering if anybody has any experience with the Mazda 6 or 3 in Australia.

Cheers,
Hi,
We bought a Mazda 3 new here when we arrived, test drove 5 cars and it and the Elantra were the best (rejected the Corolla, focus and Astra). Chose the Mazda in the end as we wanted a hatchback, great car, minor niggle is that the front pointy bit is low so when parking it often gets caught on the kerbs, very minor point, otherwise great car. We bargained 3k of the price (26k down to 23K).

Cheers

Chris
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 12:11 am

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

We had a mazda 6, no problems whatsoever with it, OH loved it, sturdy car that held the road really well.

Carmel
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 12:12 am

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

zoom! zoom! zoom!

Just had to do that!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 12:35 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carmele View Post
zoom! zoom! zoom!

Just had to do that!
The Mazda6 is a great car - especially the diesel.

I'd buy one.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 12:48 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj nee View Post
Thats a Ford fault too though. I had 2 Fords in the UK that had that problem. (try to put it into reverse...wont go...depress the clutch slightly, then it goes in ok)
My wife's mum has a Ford over here and it has the same fault.

Must admit i haven't noticed this problem with our Mazda (yet!).
Am I right in thinking Ford own Mazda?
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

gotahavit is a name known to allgotahavit is a name known to allgotahavit is a name known to allgotahavit is a name known to allgotahavit is a name known to allgotahavit is a name known to allgotahavit is a name known to allgotahavit is a name known to allgotahavit is a name known to allgotahavit is a name known to allgotahavit is a name known to all

hi all , had a mazda 6 lux sports since new just over 3 years old now and i think this post tempted fate , the alternator failed today just out of warranty:curse: and the cheapest quote i have had is $746 all parts have to be genuine mazda .other than this nice car no problems.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:02 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

I should really get DH to respond to this as he knows what he is talking about. We had a Mazda 6 TS 2 (diesel) and it was a fantastic car to drive and reasonably economical. DH says he would never have one again though because of all the faults it developed. The electric windows failed regularly, there were problems with the seatbelts, the diesel pump packed in but worst of all, the engine seized up and needed relacing entirely due to the oil disappearing in the space of a week. There was no warning to say the oil was about to run out. Of course there was a bit of an argument about who was responsible and Mazda claimed that our model needed the oil checking every few days! It did say that in the handbook.

Make sure that you keep an eye on the oil level if you get this model.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

warponydestroyer will become famous soon enoughwarponydestroyer will become famous soon enough

Yes they do - or at least part of it - in fact the fiesta and mazda 1 were pretty much the same car with only the badge being different.

So shared faults maybe not a surprize.

Mazda generally get a good rep for well built and nice to drive motors though.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:14 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

They must have some kind of agreement as my Courier is badged as Ford yet it's 100% Mazda Bravo built under licence in Thailand
Yep it struggles to go into reverse sometimes
Old Dec 4th 2007, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

sunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Barbitana View Post
Thank you everybody!

Has anybody got any idea on

1- Fuel consumption (usual city driving)
2- Costs of ownership (warranty, spare parts etc.)

Thanks very much,

Cheers,
Barb,

1 - Our Mazda 6 2.3 petrol avg's 9 L/100Km with 2 young kids 2 adults in mostly ~ V. GOOD by Aus standards!
2 - service evrey 10,000Km $200-350ish, Mazda provide a 2yr/40,000Km warranty I bought ours with additional 2yr dealer warranty. Theres tons of 3s & 6s on the road in Melbourne so reckon parts must be reasonable.

I reckon you wont go far wrong with them, check some motoring reviews out, the 6 came out well. The 3 & 6 appear similar in size but I have only been inside a 6 !

Try and get a low mileage and if you need piece of mind choose Mazda dealer and make most of Mazda or dealer warranty.

Zoom Zoom SB
Old Dec 4th 2007, 8:58 am
Just Joined

dj nee is a jewel in the roughdj nee is a jewel in the roughdj nee is a jewel in the roughdj nee is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle View Post
.....Mazda claimed that our model needed the oil checking every few days!
Blimey...thats crazyness
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunburn View Post

Mazda provide a 2yr/40,000Km warranty I bought ours with additional 2yr dealer warranty.
They now have a 4 year warranty as standard.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunburn View Post
Barb,

1 - Our Mazda 6 2.3 petrol avg's 9 L/100Km with 2 young kids 2 adults in mostly ~ V. GOOD by Aus standards!
2 - service evrey 10,000Km $200-350ish, Mazda provide a 2yr/40,000Km warranty I bought ours with additional 2yr dealer warranty. Theres tons of 3s & 6s on the road in Melbourne so reckon parts must be reasonable.

I reckon you wont go far wrong with them, check some motoring reviews out, the 6 came out well. The 3 & 6 appear similar in size but I have only been inside a 6 !

Try and get a low mileage and if you need piece of mind choose Mazda dealer and make most of Mazda or dealer warranty.

Zoom Zoom SB
Thanks,
Great advice.