Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

May need karma or slap in the face.

Wikiposts

May need karma or slap in the face.

Old Apr 15th 2005, 2:59 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: May need karma or slap in the face.

Originally Posted by Big Bird
So are you as good with clothes shopping?
Mine is colour blind or is it bored when he is looking for clothes?!?!
I am colour blind. I would rather choose to have my finger-nails pulled out than go clothes shopping. Thankfully after 10 years of conflict she now gives up on me and lets me go to the pub with our daughter and a newspaper until she finishes.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:04 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

So are you as good with clothes shopping?
Mine is colour blind or is it bored when he is looking for clothes?!?!
Mine just has no fashion sense at all! I know it is not an excuse as I have seen what he used to wear before I met him, leather ties, doc martin boots jeans that were too short etc. :scared:

It is a good job the Army used to provide his work clothing or he would never have got a job! I still have to steer him in hte right direction, or if I'm not available he takes our daughter (9) as she has more idea than he does!

Men - if they can put one on the moon how come they can't put them all there?
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by worzel
I am colour blind. I would rather choose to have my finger-nails pulled out than go clothes shopping. Thankfully after 10 years of conflict she now gives up on me and lets me go to the pub with our daughter and a newspaper until she finishes.

So you have never brought any of your own clothes then?

May be that is a bad idea
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Mine just has no fashion sense at all! I know it is not an excuse as I have seen what he used to wear before I met him, leather ties, doc martin boots jeans that were too short etc. :scared:

It is a good job the Army used to provide his work clothing or he would never have got a job! I still have to steer him in hte right direction, or if I'm not available he takes our daughter (9) as she has more idea than he does!

Men - if they can put one on the moon how come they can't put them all there?

Mmmm so true, but not all men are the same (apparently).

Mine seems to buy loads of shoes and boots but hates buying clothes.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

He's a fan of the worzels. :scared:

Let his wife buy for him for god sake

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
He's a fan of the worzels. :scared:

Let his wife buy for him for god sake

Cheers,
JTL
So he goes into fields and nicks the scarecrows clothing

Just think of all those naked scarecrows :scared:
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:25 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

That is entirely different. If I need something (notice I say need not want- like something fell apart in the wash) I decide the most likely shop to have it then go and buy the first thing I see that fits the bill so long as it isn't expensive (like over £20) or lime green and can be home or in the pub within the hour.

But I buy electrical items like a woman shopping for clothes. I will go in every shop at least once then go back to the most likely 3 until I make a choice. Then I put it back and decide I could probably manage without it.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:28 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm so true, but not all men are the same (apparently).

Mine seems to buy loads of shoes and boots but hates buying clothes.
Mine will buy his own motorcycle clothing, and hates it when I won't let him wear it in the car. Honestly leather trousers are not that flattering!

He will buy power tools too, and yes he would wear them if he could.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:29 am
Where I want to be

That is entirely different. If I need something (notice I say need not want- like something fell apart in the wash) I decide the most likely shop to have it then go and buy the first thing I see that fits the bill so long as it isn't expensive (like over £20) or lime green and can be home or in the pub within the hour.

But I buy electrical items like a woman shopping for clothes. I will go in every shop at least once then go back to the most likely 3 until I make a choice. Then I put it back and decide I could probably manage without it.
If you are colour blind, how would you know if it was lime green?
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Ahh electrcial items - yes. I have now been well trained in electrical items, especially amps, dvd players, tv's, cameras etc. Two of us in one house
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Mine will buy his own motorcycle clothing, and hates it when I won't let him wear it in the car. Honestly leather trousers are not that flattering!

He will buy power tools too, and yes he would wear them if he could.

A utility belt is always good. You can have lots of useful things dangling from it, all within easy reach: Bottle opener, arse scratcher, the list goes on...

Secretly, most men want to wear a utility belt all the time. And a drill that looks like a gun

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:33 am
A former regular of BE

I can still see light and dark

Apparently colour-blind means that either the red, blue or green receptors is over-sensitive so I see things more vivid that most. It only gets confusing with pastel shades - my mum had some beige doors for a while and my over-active green sensors saw them as green. The worst one ever was when I painted a room in a very pale pink and as I got more and more paint on the wall it went from white to purple to pink for me
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:39 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Okay just went to do the shopping down at ASDA. Forgot to take ,my £1 for the trolley so I had to be cheap and find a trolley that wasn't attached to any others. After some searching found 1, started to push it and low and be hold all the wheels want to go in different directions.
Started off in the fruit section, some very nice woman was wearing one of those low cut skin tight tops, so I got caught having a perv, although she had a smile on her face. Then I had to negotiate around the old people, who like to chat in the middle of the isle. Did the shop went to the check out the lady helped me pack to start off with, but, then lost interest after 5 mins. She bought the total up £97 pound nearly fainted. Got home and started carrying the shopping up stairs. 1 of the bags broke which sent the fanta bottles down 2 flights of stairs.
Now I'm waiting on my girlfriend to come home, so I can tell her the price of the shopping, I did buy her flowers though it may help, but, I doubt it. I am wondering if there are any courses for men that can't shop? Anyway, if uou don't hear from me again, you know what happened to me.

Jim
Wanted to send you karma but I'm not allowed, so guess you will have to have the slap in the face instead

Will send you karma for the flower buying as soon as I'm allowed
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:39 am
Where I want to be

I can still see light and dark

Apparently colour-blind means that either the red, blue or green receptors is over-sensitive so I see things more vivid that most. It only gets confusing with pastel shades - my mum had some beige doors for a while and my over-active green sensors saw them as green. The worst one ever was when I painted a room in a very pale pink and as I got more and more paint on the wall it went from white to purple to pink for me
I thought it was that you couldn't differentiate (cor big word for a friday) between green and red. One guy I used to work with that was his problem. It caused us a few problems, as I worked in an army message centre and the outlying centres used to let us know they wanted to send us a message by flicking a switch. This used to turn our green light into a red one, only if you worked with him you could never leave him on his own cos he wouldn't know if they wanted to send or not!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.