Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

May I introduce..................

May I introduce..................

Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:46 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default May I introduce..................

The latest addition to the Biggy household......................................... ...............Haggis our new Staffy pup................he's a wee cracker
Attached Thumbnails May I introduce..................-copy-p1000902.jpg  
Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:49 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: May I introduce..................

Originally Posted by biggy
The latest addition to the Biggy household......................................... ...............Haggis our new Staffy pup................he's a wee cracker

Bless, he's a beaut!!!!
Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:51 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Woof , very nice
Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:53 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

He`s soooo cute!!
I was looking online at some Australian puppy ads the other night (I`d like a Great Dane pup if we ever get to Oz - although not sure what our boxer Eric will say about it) but I was really shocked with one of the ads advertising Great Danes pups for $500 (I think) and saying that if they weren`t sold by Sunday night they`d be going to puppy heaven talk about emotional blackmail.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

ahhhh
Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Ahhhhhhhhh, that pic reminds me of our Max at about 8 weeks old :

He's 4 now :

I dunno if you've had Staffy's before, he is our first, but they ARE an excellent breed ...
Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:41 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paul2004
Ahhhhhhhhh, that pic reminds me of our Max at about 8 weeks old :

He's 4 now :

I dunno if you've had Staffy's before, he is our first, but they ARE an excellent breed ...

He is a beaut..........havent had a dog before....but have been round staffy's for years

Little blighter had me up all night.....................only to be expected tho, first night in a strange house and only 6 weeks old
Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:48 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Cute or what !!!
Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

He is a beaut..........havent had a dog before....but have been round staffy's for years

Little blighter had me up all night.....................only to be expected tho, first night in a strange house and only 6 weeks old

I remember those days! ...

Are you 'crate training' him? (I take it it's a boy ?!)

We did and it's prob the best thing we ever did! He was 'house trained' in a week as if you lock them away in a little space (as cruel as it seems to start) they WON'T mess in their space, and soon learn to hold it! ... It also saves on your house from getting ripped to pieces when it's bored (he's never damaged a thing).

Our crate had a removable door on the front which now is off all the time. He has freedom of downstairs, but isn't allowed upstairs, and he sticks to it ...

He'll sleep wherever, mostly on the settee, but occasionally when the kids are driving him nuts he'll run to his crate for a bit of a 'time out' ...

I'd strongly advise one, but I guess a personal choice!
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:00 pm
Account Closed

Are you 'crate training' him? (I take it it's a boy ?!)
Sorry to bombard with pics, but they explain better ...

The first crate :

and his current abode :

I'm sure you knew what I meant by 'crate', but to be honest I didn't till we got the dog.

As I say, he's rarely locked in these days, but it was invaluable when he was being trained ...
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:04 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely a good idea to have a cage/crate for your dog.

I keep a kitten pen for Gordon for when he is sick and needs isolating.

Puppies can feel quite secure when they have their own space.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Definitely a good idea to have a cage/crate for your dog.

I keep a kitten pen for Gordon for when he is sick and needs isolating.

Puppies can feel quite secure when they have their own space.
Hi Sam, yeah I must admit at first I was like naaaaah, don't want none of that, but after speaking to a few vets and consulting a few books and the net, I was convinced.

As I say, best move we made I think as far as the dog goes.

Now I just have to stop him jumping up on people, Staffy thing they tell me! ...
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:13 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sam, yeah I must admit at first I was like naaaaah, don't want none of that, but after speaking to a few vets and consulting a few books and the net, I was convinced.

As I say, best move we made I think as far as the dog goes.

Now I just have to stop him jumping up on people, Staffy thing they tell me! ...

Yes it is as is the choking squealing noise they make and then stuffing their nose and tongue into your face and mouth.

I do think Staffies need to be in the hands of the right owners though.

I hate it when they know their staff would attack another dog, they know its capacity to kill another dog, yet they let them run free off the lead with no control.

My mates staff is always leashed at all times as if it got hold of another dog it would kill it.

Then we have the knobcheese down the road who is quite proud that his staff is a fighter.

Please spare me, dog fighting is so 90's and a hobby for a man with only mrs Palm and her 5 lovely daughters.

But for every bad staffie owner out there, there are 10 good ones.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

I've got 2 cockers who are mad jumpers too . Your new pup is gorgeous . I met a 13 week old staffie in Pets at Home today, really friendly wee thing with such a gorgeous face. I can't resist puppies (couldn't eat a whole one though).
TJ
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Yes it is as is the choking squealing noise they make and then stuffing their nose and tongue into your face and mouth.

I do think Staffies need to be in the hands of the right owners though.

I hate it when they know their staff would attack another dog, they know its capacity to kill another dog, yet they let them run free off the lead with no control.

My mates staff is always leashed at all times as if it got hold of another dog it would kill it.

Then we have the knobcheese down the road who is quite proud that his staff is a fighter.

Please spare me, dog fighting is so 90's and a hobby for a man with only mrs Palm and her 5 lovely daughters.

But for every bad staffie owner out there, there are 10 good ones.
Yeah I agree 100%

Unfortunately since some dog jumped on our Max and went for him ... he's now took the attitude of 'get in first' and DOES go for every other dog now ... (given the chance) so he's leashed ALL the time, unless the field is empty, or we / him know the other dogs.

I read that it's in them to fight with other dogs (kinda obv as they were once bred to fight) and once they get a taste, they enjoy it and want more! ...

I have an extend-able lead which gives him some freedom, and me control, but I know his strength and all that so NEVER give him the chance.

Makes him sound terrible, and he isn't, but just to be on the safe side I reckon ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.