Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Max amount you have transferred at one time with ozforex?

Max amount you have transferred at one time with ozforex?

Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

ed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really nice
Default Max amount you have transferred at one time with ozforex?

I've read alot of good things here about Ozforex, but i still cant help worrying about transferring my lifes savings.So for peace of mind i was wondering if others have transferred amounts of similar size as i intend to.I have 300,000 euro to exchange and i'm contemplating either one transaction or to split it in two.The only issue is the exchange rate is good now and if i split it waiting a week for the first turnaround the rate may have dropped significantly since the market is extremely volitile at the moment.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

stevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nice
Default Re: Max amount you have transferred at one time with ozforex?

Originally Posted by ed_the_lad View Post
I've read alot of good things here about Ozforex, but i still cant help worrying about transferring my lifes savings.So for peace of mind i was wondering if others have transferred amounts of similar size as i intend to.I have 300,000 euro to exchange and i'm contemplating either one transaction or to split it in two.The only issue is the exchange rate is good now and if i split it waiting a week for the first turnaround the rate may have dropped significantly since the market is extremely volitile at the moment.
Ed, I feel your pain. Although you seem to have more pain than I do.
I have just transferred 2/3 of my £50k at 2.51 and I will wait until tomorrow to see what it does before I change the other 1/3.
Thank god I didnt do the whole lot last week, I would be suicidal right now!

Do some or you wont forgive yourself.

Good luck
Steve
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stevo View Post
Ed, I feel your pain. Although you seem to have more pain than I do.
I have just transferred 2/3 of my £50k at 2.51 and I will wait until tomorrow to see what it does before I change the other 1/3.
Thank god I didnt do the whole lot last week, I would be suicidal right now!

Do some or you wont forgive yourself.

Good luck
Steve
Well we did our a couple of weeks ago and I'm not about to top myself. The thing with exchange rates is timing. If you can afford to hang about then you might get yourself a good deal if you need the money transferred you have to do it. At the point you lock in your rate you can't see into the future. If you could we would all be rich. I am sure there are many people that have exchange lower than 2.5. If you can transfer at 2.5 go for it. Please for anyone that can do it right now. That extra bit of cash will for sure come in handy.

We have used Ozforex a few times now and they have been very good. We recently sent over a large chunck of cash and felt comfortable with there speed and service. The experience I've had wouldn't make me think twice about doing just the one transaction. I understand your concern though. Take advantage of the good rate. If you are a bit nervous perhaps you could do one transaction straight away then book your second with a 5% deposit. Once you've done the first one you will have no problems sending the second lot of dosh. In my opinion you don't need to do this but if you are that worried there is a way around it.

All best.

PoppetUK
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:32 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

We're about to do around $215,000 CAD, or about 99,000 pounds. We're using Ozforex and we need to do it relatively quickly because we need the money for our new house on Sept 6th.

I'm definitely very nervous about it even though I think Ozforex is very safe. There's just something about all of your money disappearing into thin are and not knowing exactly where it is an when it will reappear. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I think I'll be only relax once I can see it in our bank account here!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

stevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nicestevo is just really nice

Originally Posted by PoppetUK View Post
Well we did our a couple of weeks ago and I'm not about to top myself. The thing with exchange rates is timing. If you can afford to hang about then you might get yourself a good deal if you need the money transferred you have to do it. At the point you lock in your rate you can't see into the future. If you could we would all be rich. I am sure there are many people that have exchange lower than 2.5. If you can transfer at 2.5 go for it. Please for anyone that can do it right now. That extra bit of cash will for sure come in handy.
Yes PoppetUK, you are so right about having to take what you are given if you are in a hurry. I feel so lucky that the timing has been right for me in line with this freak slaughtering of the dollar. It has paid the stamp duty on our new house-to-be but I have since watched it go up to 2.56 so I have effectively lost out on what could have paid for the solicitor as well.
Swings and roundabouts I guess.
Regs
Stevo
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:27 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ed_the_lad View Post
Hi

Historically, anything above $2.50 is good value - if I was needing to transfer at the moment I would bite your hand off for that figure. No problem with Ozforex - your life savings are as safe as they ever can be.

If you are happy with the current rate of exchange: $2.549 as I am typing this - do it. You should manage to get somewhere near $2.52 (the dealers have to make their money somewhere!)

Regards

Jim
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:31 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jimclevs View Post
Hi

Historically, anything above $2.50 is good value - if I was needing to transfer at the moment I would bite your hand off for that figure. No problem with Ozforex - your life savings are as safe as they ever can be.

If you are happy with the current rate of exchange: $2.549 as I am typing this - do it. You should manage to get somewhere near $2.52 (the dealers have to make their money somewhere!)

Regards

Jim
......... you might, however, have a job getting through to any exchange dealer at the moment - either by phone or online - for obvious reasons

Jim
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jimclevs View Post
......... you might, however, have a job getting through to any exchange dealer at the moment - either by phone or online - for obvious reasons

Jim
Just transferred proceeds from house sale and I am thrilled. Yesterday I would have made 301,000 at one stage this morning I made 317,589

I WILL DEF BE CELEBRATING THIS WEEKEND

Don't care if it goes up any more I'm really happy with what I got.