Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mature Student,anybody??

Mature Student,anybody??

Old Sep 16th 2005, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
Question Mature Student,anybody??

Hi,from reading through most of the posts on here looks like most have gone on the skilled migration scheme.My wife is hoping to come as a mature student(with myself and children)in January.I was wondering if anybody had come over the same way?,cheers,Bill.

Last edited by bill drinkwater; Sep 16th 2005 at 4:16 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice
Default Re: Mature Student,anybody??

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater
Hi,from reading through most of the posts on here looks like most have gone on the skilled migration scheme.My wife is hoping to come as a mature student(with myself and children)in January.I was wondering if anybody had come over the same way?,cheers,Bill.
Bill,

Will send you a PM.

Tracy
Old Sep 16th 2005, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
We came over January this year on a student visa, with me being the mature student.
Amanda
Old Sep 16th 2005, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future

Hi,

Yeah we are going over to Perth on a student visa, I am going to uni to do a degree, if you want any help then feel free to ask, although I am sure the PM that Traceyanne has sent you has all the info you will need.

Claire
Old Sep 17th 2005, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mand8002
Hi
We came over January this year on a student visa, with me being the mature student.
Amanda
Hello Amanda! Hope you dont mind us asking,but how have you found it in Australia going as a mature student?We have just had the acceptance onto the course for my wife Lesley so we have plenty of things to do before we get out there,but hoping for a january arrival if visas all goes well.Now you having been out there for a while have you any advice you could give us,anything you might have done differently? I know no 2 cases are the same but would appreciate any info from someone who is out there doing a mature students course,thanks,Bill and Lesley.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Amanda! Hope you dont mind us asking,but how have you found it in Australia going as a mature student?We have just had the acceptance onto the course for my wife Lesley so we have plenty of things to do before we get out there,but hoping for a january arrival if visas all goes well.Now you having been out there for a while have you any advice you could give us,anything you might have done differently? I know no 2 cases are the same but would appreciate any info from someone who is out there doing a mature students course,thanks,Bill and Lesley.
Life as a mature student is good. We have settled really well apart from the fact that my husband still spends half his time in the UK with business. The time apart is difficult but if you are all coming over then you should be fine. We are lucky enough now to have PR ( a story far too long to go into on here). When we applied for the student visa we just decided to jump in and go for it, and I think we definitely did the right thing. We have quite a complicated situation with family but I am confident that everything will work out. You only get one shot at life and you have to seize every opportunity. The only thing I wish was different is that all my family had come with us, but at the time it was an impossibility.
What course is Lesley going to be doing and where will she be doing it??
Amanda
Old Sep 19th 2005, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the help and info from you all,cheers,Bill
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

sunnyjane is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Mature Student,anybody??

Originally Posted by mand8002
Hi
Amanda
Hi Amanda,
I have read your reply to another member and hope you dont mind me asking what are you studying in Oz? also as a student does this mean your husband cant work while out their? and finally is University fees expensive? I have studied 9 months of a Nursing Degree and had to take leave of 1 yr as I have 3 young children and it became a bit much for me, but I was only studying to get to Oz as my father lives out there an Au Citizen and I met up with him again 3 yrs ago having not seen him for 16 yrs, so I would love to move out there and since we would have approximately £100,000 to setup, I would'nt mind having to pay uni fees.

Please help!

Thanks alot for reading this.
Jane
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the help and info from you all,cheers,Bill
Hi Bill drinkwater,

I am also new to this site, I myself am considering applying for visas as a mature student (nurse), what is your wife planning on studying?
Can you offer any useful websites for info on Uni's or applying to uni?
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sunnyjane
Hi Amanda,
I have read your reply to another member and hope you dont mind me asking what are you studying in Oz? also as a student does this mean your husband cant work while out their? and finally is University fees expensive? I have studied 9 months of a Nursing Degree and had to take leave of 1 yr as I have 3 young children and it became a bit much for me, but I was only studying to get to Oz as my father lives out there an Au Citizen and I met up with him again 3 yrs ago having not seen him for 16 yrs, so I would love to move out there and since we would have approximately £100,000 to setup, I would'nt mind having to pay uni fees.

Please help!

Thanks alot for reading this.
Jane
Hi Jane
I came here to study Radiography as that is an occupation on the demand list and I guessed it would stay there too. My husband could work 20hrs a week but he has a business in UK so still works for that, the downside being that he spends a lot of time in the UK, but we thought the sacrifice would be worth it.
University fees are expensive for international students, I think nursing is about $8000 per semester, but don't hold me to that. If you look at individual uni websited you can find the fees they charge.
I am now studying accounting because I now have Permanent Residency and didn't particularly want to be a radiographer anyway, so I am sorted now.
Hope this has helped.
Amanda
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future

Hi Bill drinkwater,

I am also new to this site, I myself am considering applying for visas as a mature student (nurse), what is your wife planning on studying?
Hi,

I am going over to Perth to do my degree in nursing,if you know where abouts you are hoping to settle then do a search for universities in that area and just head for the international student section, also these websites may be useful http://cricos.detya.gov.au/ http://www.idp.com/ http://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/sia/splash.htm anything else I can help with feel free to ask.

Claire
Old Sep 24th 2005, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by claire33
Hi,

I am going over to Perth to do my degree in nursing,if you know where abouts you are hoping to settle then do a search for universities in that area and just head for the international student section, also these websites may be useful http://cricos.detya.gov.au/ http://www.idp.com/ http://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/sia/splash.htm anything else I can help with feel free to ask.

Claire
Hi Clare

Do you know if I have to pay tuition fees for my children attending state schools in Oz as I read this on a uni website for Sydney area, I am hoping to go to this area or NSW as my father lives there.

Thanks alot
Old Sep 24th 2005, 3:18 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Hi Bill,

Yep myself, hubby and son are moving to Wollongong, NSW, in January. I start a nursing degree. Am really excited about it all. Was going to do it here, but had some money and we thought what the hell..let's go for it. If you need any help or anything just PM me.

Rachel
Old Sep 24th 2005, 3:21 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

www.australian-universities.com is a good site. Helps to find schools for the kids too in the area you are looking into etc. I found if really helpful.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 3:23 pm
Love Tiffany's

Hi Bill drinkwater,

PM me if you need any info....I've become quite an expert at the whole student visa thing!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.