Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Maths Trick Number 2

Maths Trick Number 2

Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:00 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Maths Trick Number 2

This is an old chestnet but still baffles some people.

3 guys share a house and wanna buy a tv, for $300

So they each chip in $100 and shoot to Honest Joes Tv Shop

They pick the Tv, and give Sales girl $300 and walk out with their new purchase...

Manager walk in with new sale sign for tv , $250 and says wheres that TV gone ?? She saiys Ive sold it for $300

Arghhh tisll be the ruin of me he says YEEK! gimme a $50 note and ill chase after them and give em the change !!!!

She says I only have $10 notes, an gives him 5 $10 notes, he runs out

He catches up with the guys and thinks to himself, hmmm sod the honesty !!

He says to the guys LISTEN i must apologise, the tv you bought shoulda been $270.00 and they say wow THANKS HONEST JOE !!

He gives them each $10.00

Now this means the manager POCKETED $20 yeah !!!!???!!!

The guys each paid $90 for the tv.

3 x $90 = $270 What they Paid
1 x $20 = $20 What manager kept

Grand Total $290

Wheres the other $10 gone to !!!!!!!!!!

HAHHAHA i lov this one

Enjoy Steve
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:29 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Maths Trick Number 2

like it
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:36 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Maths Trick Number 2

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
This is an old chestnet but still baffles some people.

3 guys share a house and wanna buy a tv, for $300

So they each chip in $100 and shoot to Honest Joes Tv Shop

They pick the Tv, and give Sales girl $300 and walk out with their new purchase...

Manager walk in with new sale sign for tv , $250 and says wheres that TV gone ?? She saiys Ive sold it for $300

Arghhh tisll be the ruin of me he says YEEK! gimme a $50 note and ill chase after them and give em the change !!!!

She says I only have $10 notes, an gives him 5 $10 notes, he runs out

He catches up with the guys and thinks to himself, hmmm sod the honesty !!

He says to the guys LISTEN i must apologise, the tv you bought shoulda been $270.00 and they say wow THANKS HONEST JOE !!

He gives them each $10.00

Now this means the manager POCKETED $20 yeah !!!!???!!!

The guys each paid $90 for the tv.

3 x $90 = $270 What they Paid
1 x $20 = $20 What manager kept

Grand Total $290

Wheres the other $10 gone to !!!!!!!!!!

HAHHAHA i lov this one

Enjoy Steve
He had $50, of which he kept $20 & gave $10 each to the guys.

So there's nothing to make up; the money's all accounted for.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:40 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

He should have just pocketed the $50 and gone to the bottle shop, would have been able to get 30 cans vb and a pack of fags
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:42 pm
Craig & Sarah

bigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

NO NO NO they now have spent $90 each .........Yes
$270

$20 in the managers pocket

$290 all accounted for !!!!

Wheres the last $10
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:47 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Goodonya,

are you that guy at prties, who delivers the punchline just as someones tellin he joke LOL !

Cheers
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:50 pm
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Goodonya,

are you that guy at prties, who delivers the punchline just as someones tellin he joke LOL !

Cheers
Must be an accountant
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:12 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

So what's the reasoning?

Sam's going to give the test to her year 6 class today!

R
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by samnrob2
So what's the reasoning?

Sam's going to give the test to her year 6 class today!

R
Make sure Sam changes the name of joe's tv shop from honest joe's to something else or the kids might think its a trick question
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

it is 3x $90 less the $20 as the tv was $250
Old Nov 4th 2005, 12:37 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Maths Trick Number 2

Oh Goodonya,

Cheers
LOL, just a bit of primary school mathematics, mate; nothing special.

And no, I'm not an accountant; in fact, I find numbers quite intimidating. :scared:
Old Nov 4th 2005, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Of a similar ilk, we all know we have 10 fingers.

Well, actually no.

Start on one hand, ask someone how many fingers we have - 10 of course they say. So count down 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 plus 5 on the other hand equals 11.

Another one for fooling (some) primary school children.

OzTennis
Old Nov 4th 2005, 1:10 pm
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Maths Trick Number 2

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Of a similar ilk, we all know we have 10 fingers.

Well, actually no.

Start on one hand, ask someone how many fingers we have - 10 of course they say. So count down 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 plus 5 on the other hand equals 11.

Another one for fooling (some) primary school children.

OzTennis
Old Nov 4th 2005, 1:18 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

in fact, I find numbers quite intimidating. :scared:

Which ones? Number 9 is a bit scarey, and 5 has a bit of an attitude....

13 really pisses me off when it comes to multiplication
Old Nov 4th 2005, 1:45 pm
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Maths Trick Number 2

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Which ones?
All of them! :scared:

Except 4. For some strange reason, I have a good relationship with 4.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.