Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mates Let Me Down , Help!

Mates Let Me Down , Help!

Old Aug 1st 2002, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Scotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mates Let Me Down , Help!

Heading to oz in september 2002 ,but mates have pulled out at the last minute. I'm a 23 year old male from Scotland, if anyone is in the same boat drop drop me a line.

cheers
Old Aug 2nd 2002, 9:20 am
David Springtho

Default Re: Mates Let Me Down , Help!

On 1 Aug 2002 16:21:16 GMT, Scotty <[email protected]> wrote:

>Heading to oz in september 2002 ,but mates have pulled out at the last minute. I'm a
    >23 year old male from Scotland, if anyone is in the same boat drop drop me a line.

A Scottish boat person !

D.S.

Old Aug 2nd 2002, 1:21 pm
Gary Davidson

Scotty <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Heading to oz in september 2002 ,but mates have pulled out at the last minute.
    > I'm a 23 year old male from Scotland, if anyone is in the same boat drop drop
    > me a line.
    >
    > cheers
Check out www.travelchums.com

Worked for me. Myself 1 of my mates and a kiwi bird all heading to NZ in sept but
taking 3 months to do it via India and S.E asia sorry!

Old Aug 4th 2002, 6:20 pm
Sks

Bruv don't worry about it, its the best thing that could have happend to you and you
don't know it yet. trust me i know same thing happend to me but i went anyway nervous
as hell and not knowing what to expect, Going on your own you won't be seen as sad or
a loner as there are planty of travellers that go solo, no depending on anyone, no
ties, you can do pretty much as you please and not upset any one. Having spoken to
other travelers when i was over there that had come with freinds say that they wished
they had come on there own, and quite a few had split up with there freinds and gone
seperate ways

If you want some advice on getting over that first hurdle of "i don't know anyone
what do i do" well get off the plane in sydney and get a taxi to Balmain Backpackers
on darling street Balmain there should be a phone in the airport that will put you
thought to the hostel and that way you can find out if there are any vacancies, there
usually is, (they pay for your taxi on arrival at the hostel-can't argue with that)
get your self checked in there and believe me if you don't get chatting to someone or
someone don't get chatting to you you must be invisible, there you will meet loads of
people on the same situation all wanting a scream.

Seriously DO go even if your mates don't it is there lose and they will be soooooooo
jealouse of you and be kicking them selves when they start getting emails about how
many good looking chicks there are and how sunny it is that you have lived in shorts
for the last 3 months, stuff like that. Just go, go on your own it WILL be the best
thing that you have done.

hope that has helped in make up your mind.

Anymore info you want feel free to drop me a line. "Scotty"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Heading to oz in september 2002 ,but mates have pulled out at the last minute.
    > I'm a 23 year old male from Scotland, if anyone is in the same boat drop drop
    > me a line.
    >
    > cheers
    >
    >
    >
    > --