British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Mater Maria Catholic College Northern Beaches (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/mater-maria-catholic-college-northern-beaches-339264/)

ali south Nov 24th 2005 7:01 am

Mater Maria Catholic College Northern Beaches

hi
we are going to see this school tomorrow, have sporty, bright kids, any opinions on the school would be appreiciated. Also will be applying for a job there as a special needs teacher (not the reason for looking at it for my kids).

Does anyone know of this school
thanks
Tara

ali south Dec 7th 2005 7:53 am

Re: Mater Maria Catholic College Northern Beaches

bump

binbird Dec 7th 2005 8:11 am

Originally Posted by ali south
bump

Hi Ali

Not really a lot of help but this school is within walking distance of where we live. A family has just moved in two doors down from us specifically to be near this school as their oldest child goes there already and the youngest one is due to start after the summer holidays. Have chatted a lot with the mum and the two kids and they are a very nice respectable family (hope that doesn't sound too snobbish!)

I'm getting good vibes from them but, like I said, I can't give you any first hand information.

How are you liking the heat today?! :)

Binbird

ali south Dec 7th 2005 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by binbird
Hi Ali

Not really a lot of help but this school is within walking distance of where we live. A family has just moved in two doors down from us specifically to be near this school as their oldest child goes there already and the youngest one is due to start after the summer holidays. Have chatted a lot with the mum and the two kids and they are a very nice respectable family (hope that doesn't sound too snobbish!)

I'm getting good vibes from them but, like I said, I can't give you any first hand information.

How are you liking the heat today?! :)

Binbird

thanks Binbird, hot ! hot hot, heat is fine, spiders are not, had one in my clothes this morning, while I was wearing them, nearly had a heart attack! lol

sme Dec 8th 2005 6:50 am

My sister in-law whos a teacher asked her Australian teacher friend for us and this was one that came highly recommended. But it has to be how you feel about it I guess (or the kids ;) )
Good luck
Gillian

ali south Dec 11th 2005 9:09 am

Originally Posted by sme
My sister in-law whos a teacher asked her Australian teacher friend for us and this was one that came highly recommended. But it has to be how you feel about it I guess (or the kids ;) )
Good luck
Gillian

thanks