Reload this Page >

Mater hospitals Brisbane

Mater hospitals Brisbane

Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

KarenandPaul is on a distinguished road
Default Mater hospitals Brisbane

Hi there

Have been offered a job at Mater childrens hosp as paediatric nurse.
Is there anybody out there who works at Mater to tell me what it's like? Is it much different to nursing in the UK? Also is there any expats who took the relocation package?

I have been offered $15000 to relocate on 457 visa & have been told I can apply for permanent residency after 12 mths. Although I have recieved no documentation that states this it was just discussed at the interview in the UK.

Would love to hear from any one else already moved to oz or in the process of!!
Thanks Karen
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:59 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mater hospitals Brisbane

Originally Posted by KarenandPaul
I have been offered $15000 to relocate on 457 visa & have been told I can apply for permanent residency after 12 mths.
Not sure why the caveat - you could apply for PR straight away. Must be something to do with them and their 15K to stop you moving employeer
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:00 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

Is there anybody out there who works at Mater to tell me what it's like? Is it much different to nursing in the UK? Also is there any expats who took the relocation package?

I have been offered $15000 to relocate on 457 visa & have been told I can apply for permanent residency after 12 mths. Although I have recieved no documentation that states this it was just discussed at the interview in the UK.

Thanks Karen
try posting this in the nursing forum you may get more help there
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by asher
try posting this in the nursing forum you may get more help there
Didn't know there was one! Thanks will do that. New to BE can u tell?!!!!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

pic08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Karen
can i ask you something? You say you were offered $15000 to relocate on a 457? do you get that money upfront, when you land in OZ? or do they book you flights, accomadation etc...i have an interview next week with mater so needing as much info as possible!

Many thanks
Hi there

Thanks Karen
Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pic08
Hi Karen
can i ask you something? You say you were offered $15000 to relocate on a 457? do you get that money upfront, when you land in OZ? or do they book you flights, accomadation etc...i have an interview next week with mater so needing as much info as possible!

Many thanks
Hi pic08
Apparently you get the money when you start work! You have to pay for everything upfront & keep reciepts. It is 15000 if you are taking your family, not as much if you are going by yourself.
Is your interview going to be over the phone? Learn a bit about the Mater values dignity & respect etc. They are very friendly! Good luck!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

pic08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Mater hospitals Brisbane

hi...thanksfor reply...yes we'll be taking our family with us...oh dear i really neede money upfront as we are skint!...thanks for interview advice, we'll have to see what they can offer me....thanks
Old Feb 15th 2008, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Ste&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to all

Hi,

We have some friends that just went out in Dec, she's working in ICU paediatrics at Mater Brisbane. They have just got their payment through. Her package seems similar to what has been offered to you. She says staff are really friendly and seems to be enjoying it. Unfortunately are friends aren't members of expat. I could ask her if you could email her direct and then you can ask her any more info.

Regards

Dawn
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ste&Dawn
Hi,

We have some friends that just went out in Dec, she's working in ICU paediatrics at Mater Brisbane. They have just got their payment through. Her package seems similar to what has been offered to you. She says staff are really friendly and seems to be enjoying it. Unfortunately are friends aren't members of expat. I could ask her if you could email her direct and then you can ask her any more info.

Regards

Dawn
Hi Dawn,
Thankyou for your info on Mater. Would really appreciate being able to contact your friend if she doesn't mind! I am a Paediatric nurse at Royal Manchester Childrens Hospital, had interview for Mater in M/C last July (said with my experience I would have a choice of several wards, but not sure how true that would be), now waiting for visa. Applied online in Nov.

Thanks again
Karen
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Ste&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to all

Hi

I will send her an email and let you know.

Dawn
Old Feb 28th 2008, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Karen

You can send my friend an email and ask away. I have sent you a PM with her email address.

Dawn
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

-Marie- is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

i qualify as nurse in October, found a migration agent doing visa through hubby's job, aiming for 14 months to get out to Brisbane, so will have 6-8 months post experience,

But no bugger will even let me apply for jobs til AFTER i get my PIN.

so im very cross....... AAAAARRRRRGGGHHJHHH

ok i feel better now

Marie xx