Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

massage/holistic therapies jobs

massage/holistic therapies jobs

Old Feb 28th 2010, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

sunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant future
Default massage/holistic therapies jobs

Hello, this is my first time on the forum and i have just a few questions. My partner and i are desperate to come to australia either temporary with hope in staying permanant.We dont know where to start! Im 34 and he's 42 and we're both Scottish. I have an HNC in complementary/holistic therapies which includes aromatherapy/swedish massage and reflexology. I have 2 years experience in this but around 9 years in a similar field (cosmetics/skin care manager).
My main question is massage therapist is on the SOL list but i havent worked in this full time for 3 years is this a problem in applying fo a visa. Are these natural therapies popular in australia as i want to do more inthe future and maybe set up own business. Im guessing its almost impossible to get a job from Scotland over internet.
My partner is in health and fitness a personal trainer and this isnt on list so its kind of up to me.Where do i start?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated thank you.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all
Default Re: massage/holistic therapies jobs

Hi, Im currently living back in the UK, but whilst I was living in Adelaide in 2006 -07, I found it quite difficult to get into complimentary therapy jobs, and I had over 5 years experience in massage, aromatherapy, shiatsu, reflexology, hypnotherapy and yoga teaching, I got a massage job quite quickly but doing that all day every day is quite exhausting plus not very well paid, so I quickly found other jobs-not in this field, I would say unless you are self employed there isnt very much chance making much money from it, but your qualifications needs to be transferred to Australian equivalent and then once registered ppl can probably get some private cover on their health care to pay for your treatments.

Good Luck
Bluekipper