Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mass exodus to the UK. Thoughts?

Mass exodus to the UK. Thoughts?

Old Jan 30th 2015, 8:45 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mass exodus to the UK. Thoughts?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Pfft. Why eat Marmite when you can have Vegemite?
Are you mad - nothing compares to marmite
Old Jan 30th 2015, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe... lets make the mods work....

Aus is too full of the wrong kind of Migrants ?
Old Jan 31st 2015, 12:27 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Pfft. Why eat Marmite when you can have Vegemite?
Taste.

In all possible meanings of the word.

And as far as the original question is concerned - the end of the resources boom, the miss management of the Australia economy over the past year or two, and the relative rebound of the UK economy, with the expectation of better to come with a new government.

Personally I'm not sure about that reasoning - I think the EU is on course to implode and the UK gets hurt by the shrapnel, but I can see how everyone is looking forward nervously to GFC II and the inevitable chinese collapse as well.
Old Jan 31st 2015, 12:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Hehe... lets make the mods work....

Aus is too full of the wrong kind of Migrants ?
I agree, chuck everyone out who's either a) arrived from overseas or b) whose ancestors arrived from overseas. Oh, hang on a minute....
Old Jan 31st 2015, 4:39 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, chuck everyone out who's either a) arrived from overseas or b) whose ancestors arrived from overseas. Oh, hang on a minute....
Power to the Kangaroo bro
Old Jan 31st 2015, 7:54 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Vegemite should be rebranded Vagimite.

ewww
Old Feb 1st 2015, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
I have a confession that I swore I'd never admit to, I ate Marmite and I liked it.....
I hope that was British Marmite not the NZ Sanatorium muck of the same name ;-)
Old Feb 1st 2015, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Taste.

In all possible meanings of the word.

And as far as the original question is concerned - the end of the resources boom, the miss management of the Australia economy over the past year or two, and the relative rebound of the UK economy, with the expectation of better to come with a new government.

Personally I'm not sure about that reasoning - I think the EU is on course to implode and the UK gets hurt by the shrapnel, but I can see how everyone is looking forward nervously to GFC II and the inevitable chinese collapse as well.
Didn't the more favorable exchange rate and low interest rates in the UK help too? There have been people who redid their sums some a few years back and realise they were on to a winner. There have been migrants who won twice - moving over prior to say 2004 to Aus then catching the reverse side moving back after say 2011 etc. A 5 year plan or stay might have been perfect!
Old Feb 1st 2015, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
I hope that was British Marmite not the NZ Sanatorium muck of the same name ;-)
I don"t know, it was at a friends house, it wouldn't get into my shopping trolley, the kids would turf it before I got to the checkout!
Old Feb 1st 2015, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't heard as much.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 3:13 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
Vegemite should be rebranded Vagimite.

ewww
Philistine!! Vegemite is angel food, I was raised on it and there's nothing wrong with me! *squint twitch jerk wobble*
Old Feb 1st 2015, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Are you mad - nothing compares to marmite
'Our Mate' does. Bizarrely it tastes the same.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 12:31 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
'Our Mate' does. Bizarrely it tastes the same.

Isn't that just Marmite with a non trade mark infringing label?

S
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 12:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Isn't that just Marmite with a non trade mark infringing label?

S
Correct
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 11:13 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Mass exodus to the UK. Thoughts?

Originally Posted by Bix
Marmite withdrawal.
All those blokes out in Western Australia, spending lonely cold nights together out in the desert, and they can't find enough Marmite miners to satisfy demand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.