British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   mashiraz (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/mashiraz-261787/)

mr mover Oct 23rd 2004 10:42 am

mashiraz

Any of the old timers on here heard from MASHIRAZ, i wonder how they are getting on :confused: ........................ :beer: mm

Nicstids Oct 23rd 2004 12:53 pm

Re: mashiraz

Originally Posted by mr mover
Any of the old timers on here heard from MASHIRAZ, i wonder how they are getting on :confused: ........................ :beer: mm

I was thinking recently that she hadn't posted for ages....They were going to live up Gawler way but don't know if that's where she ended up?

yvsie Oct 23rd 2004 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Nicstids
I was thinking recently that she hadn't posted for ages....They were going to live up Gawler way but don't know if that's where she ended up?

not sure where they live but I do speak to her and hubby occasionally.
she works full time++ and I would say they are ok..maybe I will let her know that some oldies are missing her eh?

moneypenny20 Oct 23rd 2004 1:51 pm

Changing the subject slightly, anyone heard from Peter (Ulujain) or TiptonWolf - just happened to do a search for something yesterday and both names came up and I realised I hadn't seen anything from either of them recently.

mashiraz Oct 24th 2004 11:47 am

Hi Mr mover,

Drove through Angle Vale today and thought of you!! Yvsie tipped me off you were pining for me.

Well to cut a long story short we've been here 16 months now, well settled in one of the north suburbs, lovely house with great views, made a load of changes to it and are now reaping the benefits, sitting out under the pergola, sipping the vino and enjoying the life.

Started work 6 weeks after we arrived and been there ever since, and although its a stressful job and long hours I've settled into it well and made progress, still looking around though!

Made good friends with another family who moved over just after us who live in Gawler. We've had family to stay over last year already and they are coming again in the new year. One sad event was that after we moved here, my dad was diagnosed with cancer and had an operation, but unfortunately passed away in May, so we rushed home, hoping to see him, but didn't make it in time. Missing family and friends is the hardest thing and if we had known that was around the corner we wouldn't be here.

However we are here and we mare making the best of it, as you don't know what's around the next corner.

Hope you are okay mr mover and still giving out the good and cynical advise you used to. Your advise on fumigation was invaluable!

Any other oldies out there, feel free to get in touch.
Mash...

Originally Posted by mr mover

mr mover Oct 26th 2004 10:50 am

Originally Posted by mashiraz
Hi Mr mover,

Drove through Angle Vale today and thought of you!! Yvsie tipped me off you were pining for me.

Well to cut a long story short we've been here 16 months now, well settled in one of the north suburbs, lovely house with great views, made a load of changes to it and are now reaping the benefits, sitting out under the pergola, sipping the vino and enjoying the life.

Started work 6 weeks after we arrived and been there ever since, and although its a stressful job and long hours I've settled into it well and made progress, still looking around though!

Made good friends with another family who moved over just after us who live in Gawler. We've had family to stay over last year already and they are coming again in the new year. One sad event was that after we moved here, my dad was diagnosed with cancer and had an operation, but unfortunately passed away in May, so we rushed home, hoping to see him, but didn't make it in time. Missing family and friends is the hardest thing and if we had known that was around the corner we wouldn't be here.

However we are here and we mare making the best of it, as you don't know what's around the next corner.

Hope you are okay mr mover and still giving out the good and cynical advise you used to. Your advise on fumigation was invaluable!

Any other oldies out there, feel free to get in touch.
Mash...

Great to hear MASH, I m glad it is going well for you............. :beer: MM

philj6969 Oct 26th 2004 11:16 am

Its nice to see some of the names from when I first went onto Britishexpats.
I am still in the UK, house sale problems.

Be with you soon!

Phil.

mr mover Oct 26th 2004 11:27 am

Originally Posted by philj6969
Its nice to see some of the names from when I first went onto Britishexpats.
I am still in the UK, house sale problems.

Be with you soon!

Phil.

Can,t belive it phil , your still there, the oldies are still here, proabaly ,a little smug ,watching the newbies go through the "WRINGER"............. :beer: MM