Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

MARYMOUNT COLLEGE PRIMARY - BURLEIGH

MARYMOUNT COLLEGE PRIMARY - BURLEIGH

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

micnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the rough
Default MARYMOUNT COLLEGE PRIMARY - BURLEIGH

Hi

Does anyone have knowledge of Marymount Primary School?

We will soon be living very close by and are thinking about this as a possibility for our daughter.

Any views or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nicky
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: MARYMOUNT COLLEGE PRIMARY - BURLEIGH

Originally Posted by micnic
Hi

Does anyone have knowledge of Marymount Primary School?

We will soon be living very close by and are thinking about this as a possibility for our daughter.

Any views or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nicky
I think that this is a Roman Catholic School. I have heard some nice things about this school. It is very near to Burleigh Heads. Other schools that will be near are All Saints Anglican, Somerset College, Hillcrest & Kings.

The state primary schools are generally very good, but I know nothing about the high schools as I prefer private for high school.

What area will you be living in?
regards
Debs
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

micnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by debsy
I think that this is a Roman Catholic School. I have heard some nice things about this school. It is very near to Burleigh Heads. Other schools that will be near are All Saints Anglican, Somerset College, Hillcrest & Kings.

The state primary schools are generally very good, but I know nothing about the high schools as I prefer private for high school.

What area will you be living in?
regards
Debs
Hi Debs,

We will be living in Burleigh Waters - Marymount is the closest school to our house.

I am also considering state primary schools. The closest is Caningura - have posted asking about this school too but with no replies! I have also asked some Australian friends about the school but they hadn't heard of it! Other than that we would need to go to Burleigh Heads primary as although we are closer to Varsity we are not in their catchment. Marymount is Catholic but I have heard that there are children who attend the school whose children are not catholic.

We're up in the air at the moment!

Regards

Nicky
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi Debs,

We will be living in Burleigh Waters - Marymount is the closest school to our house.

I am also considering state primary schools. The closest is Caningura - have posted asking about this school too but with no replies! I have also asked some Australian friends about the school but they hadn't heard of it! Other than that we would need to go to Burleigh Heads primary as although we are closer to Varsity we are not in their catchment. Marymount is Catholic but I have heard that there are children who attend the school whose children are not catholic.

We're up in the air at the moment!

Regards

Nicky
You mean Caningeraba - they wear a stripey uniform.
You must be just down the road from me then.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 12:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

My eldest has a good mate who went to Marymount for primary and whilst she's a complete nutcase, she's lovely and from what she said she enjoyed going there. That's probably not a lot of help but it's the best I can do
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by debsy
You mean Caningeraba - they wear a stripey uniform.
You must be just down the road from me then.
Hi Debs

Yes i've seen the stripey uniform and I have to say that the uniform has put me off already! Come monday I will phone a few schools and make some enquiries/appointments to view.

We are really looking forward to moving into our house and we were lucky enough to talk to the neighbours after the inspection - they seem really nice.

Where abouts are you??

Nicky

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 4th 2007 at 6:28 am. Reason: address removed
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypen20
My eldest has a good mate who went to Marymount for primary and whilst she's a complete nutcase, she's lovely and from what she said she enjoyed going there. That's probably not a lot of help but it's the best I can do

Thanks,

Every little bit helps. I have heard that the children turn out really well! Of course I know it's not all down to the school, however the children your own children mix with does influence them to some extent!

I am a little daunted at the prospect of having to choose a school - in England we went with our catchment school which just happened to have the best reputation locally! I didn't feel it necessary to make enquiries past that! (plus I didn't have the time! Terrible I know!).

Nicky
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Debs

Yes i've seen the stripey uniform and I have to say that the uniform has put me off already! Come monday I will phone a few schools and make some enquiries/appointments to view.

We are really looking forward to moving into our house and we were lucky enough to talk to the neighbours after the inspection - they seem really nice.

Where abouts are you??

Nicky
Sent you a PM

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 4th 2007 at 6:28 am. Reason: editing quote