Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

martin and 16r old right or wrong?

View Poll Results: Martin platt and 16 yrold girl, do you agree or disagree with their relationship?
agree
54.55%
disagree
45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

martin and 16r old right or wrong?

Old Sep 26th 2003, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

ellen fedulow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default martin and 16r old right or wrong?

for all those corrie fans...do you agree or disagree with the relationship between martin platt and thingy (16yrs old)

ellen1
Old Sep 26th 2003, 3:52 pm
WBB

who?

dont watch it but if there is some action going on beetween a bloke and a 16 year old babe, well

if she is willing and her feet touch the floor when she is sitting on the toilet i dont see a problem.

Old Sep 26th 2003, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

by the way if anyone is an eastenders freak - you can see all the latest at www.walfordweb.co.uk
Old Sep 26th 2003, 3:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

(there you go Ellen, have a go at me for that!!)
Old Sep 26th 2003, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

would just like to add that martin is 35
ellen1
Old Sep 26th 2003, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Pollyana
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

(there you go Ellen, have a go at me for that!!)

come on pollyanna i'm sure you can do better than that lol

ellen1
Old Sep 26th 2003, 4:01 pm
WBB

seriously can you see a problem with this relationship?
it is just an age thing, if he loves her then age should not be an issue.

now where is my lager

Old Sep 26th 2003, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: martin and 16r old right or wrong?

Originally posted by ellen fedulow
for all those corrie fans...do you agree or disagree with the relationship between martin platt and thingy (16yrs old)

ellen1
Thingy is Katy.
This is a tough one. If you said a 36 year old guy was knocking the back out of a 16 year old, I think a lot of people would not approve.
If it is true love though, nothing is going to stand in their way, not even red faced, bully boy Tommy.
Martin should have known better, tut, tut,tut.
But I remember at her age I was in love every day with someone new. How does someone of 16 know if something is true love?

If it was my daughter, I'd probably react in the same way and lock her up until she was 50.

Tazzy:scared: :scared:
Old Sep 26th 2003, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant see anything wrong with it hes a free agent shes legal. We can all dream I suppose.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 4:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Age may not be an issue where sheep are concerned Welshboybilly, but I think people get more worried about it when humans are involved.
Wonder if I can sneak some whisky into this coffee cup - long time till 7.30?

Ellen - Arghh!! I hate Corrie, its a complete waste of space!And as for Eastenders, well what can I say.... (that any better? Sorry, but I'm writing wedding invites on the sly, so I'm not cross enough to be REALLY nasty to anyone!
Old Sep 26th 2003, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

I'm the same as most blokes I suppose - you'd say he was a lucky bastard and good luck to em unless it was YOUR daughter
Old Sep 26th 2003, 4:55 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Not seen it on the telly but read the outline in the press.
Having gone through hell over a very simlar sort of age difference[though not consensual] I think if I'd been the dad I'd have removed his genitals with a welding torch. At 35 he should have had a moral conscience to stay away from someone so young and venerable. Yea we all dream of young and attractive girls but at that age young and attractive should be at least 20 and a little more experienced in the ways of the world.
It's a sure fire ratings winner though just what the public want. Remember the film Scum it caused hell of a controversy 24 years ago well look out for "The Bill" next week to see how society changes in what it perceives as acceptable viewing.
Sean
Old Sep 26th 2003, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: martin and 16r old right or wrong?

Originally posted by ellen fedulow

ellen1
Hi Ellen1
i am totally against it, reasons being is she is far too young to know what love is! i had a baby at 18 thought i was ready, thought i was grown up, wow what a shock!!!! biggest regret of my life! my youngest is 11 and to think that she will 'legally' be of the age of consent in just 5 years time is heart breaking, she is still my baby!!! also Martin should know better, she may have done all the running but he should have resisted!
regards
rach
Old Sep 26th 2003, 6:02 pm
WBB

i think the way this thread is headed is the women think its wrong and us blokes think its ok.

to be honest it's just a tv show and i havent watched it since i was maybe 13, but if this guy knocks a nail in her then in the eyes of the law he has done nothing wrong, morally it may be a dodgy area and granted if it was my 16 yr old daughter i would rip his balls off, but right or wrong, that is a matter of opinion.

:lecture: