Marrying my girlfriend in Oz ?

Marrying my girlfriend in Oz ?

Old Jul 11th 2002, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

SamB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marrying my girlfriend in Oz ?

Hi All.

Can someone please give me some advise.

Im in sydney on the last part of a long business trip & have a short term visa to stay here.

I have a partner back in England & weve been together for 8 years, she wants to come to sydney for a holiday next week for two weeks. After so long together & such a short time apart Ive realised I should have tied the knot with her years ago!

Does anyone know if two British citizens can legally get married in Australia? And if so what paperwork is required.

Any advise, links to relevant websites or places of further information would really be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Sam B
Old Jul 12th 2002, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Marrying my girlfriend in Oz ?

Better get your skates on.

Don't have any info but as you are there can't you pop into a church or reg.office and ask?

Good luck with it all.
Old Jul 12th 2002, 6:20 am
Novo

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/regn51.html

"SamB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All.
    >
    > Can someone please give me some advise.
    >
    > Im in sydney on the last part of a long business trip & have a short term visa to
    > stay here.
    >
    > I have a partner back in England & weve been together for 8 years, she wants to
    > come to sydney for a holiday next week for two weeks. After so long together & such
    > a short time apart Ive realised I should have tied the knot with her years ago!
    >
    > Does anyone know if two British citizens can legally get married in Australia? And
    > if so what paperwork is required.
    >
    > Any advise, links to relevant websites or places of further information would
    > really be appreciated.
    >
    > Many thanks in advance.
    >
    > Sam B
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Jul 12th 2002, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

mozz48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not to sure if all this is going to be right or not The main number one thing you have to do in Australia is to post your intention to be married with a celebrant and this has to be posted One month and one day before the event Everything else is fairly basic , birthcertificates, passports , divorce papers if relevant
Good Luck to you both Regards Gerard